Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

He's a mid now is he. Nah. He's a small forward who rolls through the middle and when the conditions suit him he can be electrifying there but it doesn't happen often. Needs more hard ball winners to feed him. If he goes to Freo, he will absolutely dominate.
Correct. I reckon he’s been loyal to the club but he must sometimes look at the list and think “how can I sizzle on this hot plate”

If he gets to WA (he will) I don’t blame him, it’s good business. I’ll certainly still enjoy watching him. Imagine how he’ll go on those hard surfaces every other week?

Good on him, owes us nothing (except his contract, which will ensure requisite value in a deal)

Reactions: 1 users
Geez if it’s about the posters being taken down… seriously what is Yze meant to do sit around eating popcorn watching GF replays with them? He has a job to do. The dynasty finished 4 years ago now.
What he should of done is left things as they are instead of disrespecting the premiership players still on the list.Put 2 & 2 together.Dusty is just going through the motions/Bolton/Rioli/Baker/Graham all want to leave.
It was a clear message that said stuff you guys your past success means jack *smile*.

What he should of done is left things as they are instead of disrespecting the premiership players still on the list.Put 2 & 2 together.Dusty is just going through the motions/Bolton/Rioli/Baker/Graham all want to leave.
It was a clear message that said stuff you guys your past success means jack *smile*.
You cant live in the past. Success is created not given based on past success.

Bolton stays - he's a talent that's hard to find - and he is of a age that he can be around for our next window.

That and i think he genuinely loves the place.

His form is shiezen at the moment, but he isn't the lone ranger in that department either ....

Reactions: 1 users
According to The West Australian Shai Bolton has requested a trade
and Jack Graham is going ro West Coast

'Family behind Richmond star Shai Bolton’s push to return home as Jack Graham looks set to walk to West Coast​

Shai Bolton has informed Richmond of his desire to return home to WA with the livewire forward citing family reasons though the Tigers won’t be letting him go cheaply.'

Interesting.
Tom Morris said yesterday, he wants to go home. Xander "broke that story" months ago. So Richmond can get a good return in picks.

Didn't sound like he had any info, just rehashing old news.

Shai copped a knee to the head mid season. His form dropped away a bit after it but talk of his demise as an elite player is madness. He was in AA conversation to start the year.
If these Western Australian clubs want him they will have to pay through the nose.

Reactions: 7 users
Shai copped a knee to the head mid season. His form dropped away a bit after it but talk of his demise as an elite player is madness. He was in AA conversation to start the year.
If these Western Australian clubs want him they will have to pay through the nose.
Yep additionally he's contracted. If Shai wants to break after 1 year into a 5 year contract then the team who wants him can pay the big bucks. I still don't trust all these news stories. Now they knew about this months ago. Please.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely, its something oppo clubs bring up mostly when talking about him and his trade value. I have been on record saying he is our best player but doesn't always give the level of effort he should. Rate him as the pick of that draft.
don't bother with that guy, he has a hundred badges on the duffel coat - all of them shai

I was at home and that knee to the head hurt me.
I knew he would take time to fully recover.
I honestly believe we could get 5 1st rounders for him but none will be as good.
Go and watch the stkilda game in Adelaide.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Even if he loves our club, I tend to believe the report that he wants to go back to WA bc he has a very young family and he and his partner want the support of family over the coming years. Those of us with children can understand that. He has not been the same player since that head knock so that may have affected his performances along with some anguish about his future. I look forward to the club doing a good trade deal for picks and/or players that do justice to his talent. Thanks Shai for your part in our premiership teams.