Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

I was at home and that knee to the head hurt me.
I knew he would take time to fully recover.
I honestly believe we could get 5 1st rounders for him but none will be as good.
Go and watch the stkilda game in Adelaide.

I prefer to watch his game in the qualifying final against the sainters actually rather than the gather me nuts round.

It was a sign of dominance you don’t often see.

Reactions: 1 user
Not that hard to find running half backs. Harder to find mercurial small forward/midfielders. Tell Bolton - no trade for you. Four year deal, suck it up & honour your contract. And by the way, become the player you’re capable of being.
see this is the thing with Bolton. he still has FOUR years. he was happy to commit big time not long ago.

plus he said he was fine with Richmond (and home in Melbourne) just a few weeks ago.

these aren't the acts of a disgruntled player. wouldn't be at all surprised if Hartley has tapped Yze on the shoulder and said something like "You want a new midfield, let me do my work."

Reactions: 1 user
And at the end of the day we might not need to trade him. If Baker or Rioli or both go we are still gonna have a ludicrous hand.

. Tell Bolton - no trade for you. Four year deal, suck it up & honour your contract. And by the way, become the player you’re capable of being.
Might be a seriously good way to *smile* off a bloke on 900 or so large a year n have him spend four years shuffling along at half rat power. Bloke wants to be at Tigerland, give him all the support he needs. Bloke wants to go back home to family n friends, help him get there for the best return you can manage. Try n force him to stay n you've just injected your club with an incurable infection.

Reactions: 5 users
Might be a seriously good way to *smile* off a bloke on 900 or so large a year n have him spend four years shuffling along at half rat power. Bloke wants to be at Tigerland, give him all the support he needs. Bloke wants to go back home to family n friends, help him get there for the best return you can manage. Try n force him to stay n you've just injected your club with an incurable infection.
Spot on.

Reactions: 2 users
A week or so ago Shai's MGMT(?) said Shai is staying at RFC Broken Toys.

Now the rumour is about again that he's going.

Sounds like negotiation.

Reactions: 5 users
All the boys that are “ rumoured” to be wanting out are all multiple premiership players , though it dissapoints me that they’d want to get out when we are at rock bottom after been blesssed to be part of one of the great Premiership eras and no doubt they were all important members of this flags , I highly doubt we wouldn’t have still one 3 out of 4 flags without them .thats all subjective anyway .

Bottom line for me is if any player wants out then we thank them for their service and we get rewarded accordingly and if Blair is any good , well we may end up in front .

If we do end up with a bunch of high quality picks this off season and we move on 4 of our premiership players , reckon that’s probably only a couple more loses next season , the 4 “ rumoured” to be going are not prime Martin, Cotchin, Reiwoldt and Rance in fact I’m not sure they are in the Houli, Lambert class .

What will be will be

Reactions: 2 users
A week or so ago Shai's MGMT(?) said Shai is staying at RFC Broken Toys.

Now the rumour is about again that he's going.

Sounds like negotiation.
Exactly Jack, the emotive response around "oh my lord all our players want to leave" is not the correct one.

Probaly the only bloke who could cost us the number 1 pick today

Funnily enough I’m ok with pick 2 or 3

Less pressure on player and club

Less need to overthink those picks in a way and potentially snooker yourself

Reactions: 1 users
12 touches and 1 goal.

Zero impact. If we can get a couple of first round picks for him I would take it and run.

He has checked out.

Reactions: 8 users
Failed to stand up again.

Front runner. Cream on the top player in a good side.

Sell.

Reactions: 3 users