Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Bolton annoys me. Not good for my hypertension. Yep Willo he is Hollywood.
Has been well described as cream for a good side. We are not that. Trade.

Reactions: 1 users
Strange that Shai was 1 of our better performers tonight, kicks 4 of our 7 goals and he's still criticized

Reactions: 6 users
I have said it before, Shai will only be as good as he wants to be. Too often he doesn't want it and then we see a spark of Shai brilliance. He is a flawed genius

Reactions: 1 user
Unbelievable talent. Top few in the competition- talent wise. For where we are currently - I would float his worth. He is one of very few that has genuine currency. Bolton can take a pretty good team to the top… could we cash in and use him to start the rebuild? Interesting situation

Reactions: 5 users
I wouldn't trade Shai. Only 25 & one of our few players who can kick a goal & play midfield.

What he needs is more support around him.

Last weekend was his best game since the headknock & hopefully a return to form.

Lets not fall into the age old trap again of focusing too much on those we have that can actually play.

Reactions: 10 users
Not exactly 'exceptional'.
Unless they add in a player or next years first round pick, always a risk especially with a stronger team/list.
Or trade some of their picks for a top 6 pick in 2024 draft. Still not enough for both players. They’d need to be very creative

Ralph said that Bolton has spoken to Hartley and told him he isn't going anywhere.
His manager confirmed it....

Ralph said that Bolton has spoken to Hartley and told him he isn't going anywhere.

In around 2010 when we were a really poor side, it is believed some of the recent draftees (Cotchin, Dusty, Jack, Edwards etc) got together and made a bit of a pact that they are gonna stick together and build this team into a successful team.

Now that we know Shai Bolton is happy at Richmond and isn’t leaving, this would be a good opportunity for Shai to get on the front foot, show some leadership by pulling Dan Rioli and Baker into a room, and tell them that they are now the senior players and they need to stick together through this rebuild.

Reactions: 2 users
In around 2010 when we were a really poor side, it is believed some of the recent draftees (Cotchin, Dusty, Jack, Edwards etc) got together and made a bit of a pact that they are gonna stick together and build this team into a successful team.

Now that we know Shai Bolton is happy at Richmond and isn’t leaving, this would be a good opportunity for Shai to get on the front foot, show some leadership by pulling Dan Rioli and Baker into a room, and tell them that they are now the senior players and they need to stick together through this rebuild.
Why don't Sony Dow Mansell & Banks make a 'pack' to pack there bags and move out?

• Haha
  • Love
While I look at this as a positive, things change so fast these days.

Good on Bolton for saying he wants to stick around.

Could have easily kicked 7 on the weekend and it wasn't even in his ten best games.

Has kicked 5 points three times and four goals five times. Strange set of numbers.

Apologies in advance for a nuffy take, but part of me thinks its easier for him to coast along as a good player in a *smile* team, doing the bare minimum rather than going to a contender and having to work his ass off and being under the spotlight of a two team town.
He could easily be the best player in the competition, if he wanted to be that is.