Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Apologies if I’ve got the stat wrong , however how does an incredibly poor set shot for goal be allowed to consistently turn his back on the goals , wander back ignores team mates then amble in and miss ? Either start kicking the goal or atleast pretend to be looking for a better option

Reactions: 5 users
Fair point Mr B but thought Shai worked his ring off trying to make things happen today.

Reactions: 5 users
Shai has been a massive disappointment. Potential unrealised. Not a class midfielder and a deeply flawed forward.

Started his career really well with champs around him.

Needs a rocket to get to work on sustained defensive effort, doing the team one percenters and being able to kick stock standard set shots and simple snaps.

Not sure that he is able to set standards for younger players. Over to Yze to develop his skills

Reactions: 2 users
I love him, and he can be breath taking to watch, but if we’re getting 2 first rounders for him, im jumping at it. In fact im trading all of Bolton, Baker, Short, Graham if they want out.

As for Rioli, it would hurt a lot, but if we’re being offered 2 first rounders, you’d have to consider.

The possibility of having 5 - 6 first round picks would be too enticing for me to pass up. It’s 3 years worth of drafting in 1 year.

Reactions: 7 users
Bolton is an absolute luxury that we can’t afford. A “cherry on top” player who can thrive when his team mates around him pick up the slack.

Let’s call a spade a spade - whilst talented, he’s a very lazy, casual player. We’ve given him the fat contract, and this is what happens when you reward lazy players - you remove the single motivational lever you can pull (money).

Move him on, prioritise getting in players or picks in return that will add high character and work ethic.

Reactions: 7 users
Yep, I'm selling too in this market. We have no need for a Bolton when we can't even do the basics well. We have a draft where there are half a dozen pick 1's. Three first round picks is precisely what we need.

Reactions: 1 users
Bolton is an absolute luxury that we can’t afford. A “cherry on top” player who can thrive when his team mates around him pick up the slack.

Let’s call a spade a spade - whilst talented, he’s a very lazy, casual player. We’ve given him the fat contract, and this is what happens when you reward lazy players - you remove the single motivational lever you can pull (money).

Move him on, prioritise getting in players or picks in return that will add high character and work ethic.
Yep FFS trading him out is business 101

Just get it done Blair

Reactions: 3 users
Get in while we can Before Tasi comes in
raid the next 2 drafts and Bang hopefully find our next batch of Stars

Reactions: 1 user
Going to be several lean years if the powers at be listen to some of the posting on here the past 12 hours...

We're trading out/retiring 6 of our top 10 in the JD medal last year. We do that as well as trade Short and Graham and we'll be in a world of pain for some time.

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users
Going to be several lean years if the powers at be listen to some of the posting on here the past 12 hours...

We're trading out/retiring 6 of our top 10 in the JD medal last year. We do that as well as trade Short and Graham and we'll be in a world of pain for some time.
What does last year have to do with this year? Or the subsequent two or three years we have ahead of us?

We have paid players handsomely based on their historical performance, and look at the dross they are serving up this season. They’ve had plenty of opportunity to dig in and show a bit of pride in the jumper at a time when the club has needed them to stand up.

Surely that is more instructive than finishing top 10 in a previous B&F count??

Reactions: 1 users
I saw him sprint 150m covering defensively when Coll were switching from one side of the ground to the other and back again. Wouldn’t have shown on teli. I do think he has the license to try and get out the back - looks great when you win 1:1s. We barely won a ground ball contest though on the weekend.

Reactions: 4 users

We just haven't got the top-end talent. Only Rioli (as a forward) would imho be untouchable. Yze needs to put his stamp on a new-look Tiger outfit.
Too many are in the Superannuation zone. Can't blame them. Where else are they going to get this type of money?
Next year will be the fifth season since the 2020 flag. Enough is enough.

I love him, and he can be breath taking to watch, but if we’re getting 2 first rounders for him, im jumping at it. In fact im trading all of Bolton, Baker, Short, Graham if they want out.

As for Rioli, it would hurt a lot, but if we’re being offered 2 first rounders, you’d have to consider.

The possibility of having 5 - 6 first round picks would be too enticing for me to pass up. It’s 3 years worth of drafting in 1 year.
If we convince a club who wants a part time forward to help them win a flag (Melbourne), put Lynch in there too.