Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

I reckon Shai would be the leading player in the comp for having his kick smothered. Gets ball about to kick then second guess his next move and boom smothered. In all honesty wouldn't be in the top 100 players on current output.

Reactions: 1 users
Was interesting to note that he did put in a number of defensive runs on Sunday. I sense the message and expectations of what's required is starting to get through.

Reactions: 1 user
Was interesting to note that he did put in a number of defensive runs on Sunday. I sense the message and expectations of what's required is starting to get through.
I think he gets a bit of a bad rap sometimes. Because he's so talented he's expected to be complete in everything he does. For pressure acts last 3 games:

R16 7th for Tigers with 18
R14 2nd, 22
R13 9th, 15

Considering his role which is not a pure midfielder or defensive forward I think he does quite well overall if not a bit inconsistently. He's obviously asked to play a more attacking midfield role when he's there so it's a fine line. No doubt Bolton is an enigma. He can be very frustrating to watch but equally as enthralling, sometimes at the same time. But he is ultra important to our team, he leads many of the forward stats and I just think there's a lot of pressure on him with very little scoring power support in that forward line. It will not be good if he moves on to one of those flog WA teams.

Reactions: 8 users
They've reached a new level of unbearable since winning last year's flag, so "smile" 'em. Then again, I'm tipping Carlton's fan base would be every bit as bad, if not worse if the club wins a grand final.

I was at the match - first time in ages I'd slummed it in the cold stands instead of liquoring up in a nice warm function. :LOL:

If you remember Blues' fans treatment of Darren Milburn for the rest of his career after he ironed out favourite son Steve Silvagni at Optus Oval in 2001 (Milburn's career ran a decade after that!) then the Shai Bolton thing should come as no surprise. The most passionate supporter bases have the longest memories, I suppose.

Granted, Bolton's lairising in front of Docherty two years ago isn't a patch on what Milburn did. Not even close. Milburn even clapped himself off the field in front of all the Carlton fans after SOS' eyes rolled back in his head.

I get the reaction with Milburn. I hated his guts too and gave it to him for a decade afterwards. But it's high time to build a bridge and get over the Bolton thing. I've never been part of that lynch mob.
Didn't SOS go back with the flight of the ball when Milburn nailed him?

Reactions: 1 user
Shai had a career high 33 possessions last year playing mostly in the midfield in the rnd 13 win vs Fremantle.
He's been right off since the head knock. If he doesn't play well this weekend, the drums will grow louder.
Stick him in the guts Ooze.

Reactions: 3 users
Those missed kicks for goal were diabolical but unfortunately not unexpected. That was not the effort of someone who’s giving 100%.
Shai is on watch.
He is an awful kick for goal, always has been. His field kicking is usually good but put him near the sticks and he is distinctly average.

Shai had a career high 33 possessions last year playing mostly in the midfield in the rnd 13 win vs Fremantle.
He's been right off since the head knock. If he doesn't play well this weekend, the drums will grow louder.
Stick him in the guts Ooze.
If he plays a blinder the drums are deafening