Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

taztiger4 said:
Batch & Lenno gone i reckon, Drummo, Miles & Towner 1 year each

Hampson? Lloyd? Markov? CEllis? Garthwaite? are all contracted

Yep. According to the contracts thread, Batchelor, Drummond, Townsend, Lennon and Miles are uncontracted.

Townsend is safe and Miles has been offered 1 year apparently, so that leaves Batch, Drummond and Lennon.

Batchelor gone
Drummond redrafted as a rookie
Lennon is back-up in case Jack and Moore both go down

Tigertough1974 said:
Question

We have 8 draft picks, is that a reflection of places on our list as we have carried a good number of rookies but ran with a shorter list this year, correct me if I’m wrong but why do some teams have 4 picks and we have 8 ( granted after first 3 the other 5 are 50+)

I ask this as it’s been stated that you can’t use extra points and can only go into draft with available spaces on list?

Yes to your first point. Clubs must have a total list size with a prescribed minimum on the main list. Then the maximum total list size, "main" senior and rookie list give the total list size. As you say, for the past couple of years we've gone in short on the main list with maximum rookies. If you have the minimum you can upgrade a rookie prior to the first game

We may not use all our picks. We probably will use the last 2 picks to upgrade Castagna and Soldo off the rookie list and onto the main list. . It depends if we have any more delistings. There is still another one or two list lodgements to come.

Would delist Drummond before anyone else.

Would keep Batchelor for another year unless we sign Sam Collins as a delisted free agent.

I don't mind the outcome as our 3rd pick was originally 50. At least now we have the option of picking up a player who may have dropped out of the 1st round with 20 and possibly nab a player with 25 that another club may have rated with their pick.

I hope 25 turns out to be a ripper because it originally started out as Collingwood's ;D

Can we get rid of Chol too while we're at it? Never seen a more laconic bludger in the system. Lennon comes close but at least he looks like he tries sometimes.

Would be happy with Drummond and Chol being delisted if required.

Still gives us plenty of depth and options for delistings next year.

SCOOP said:
It’s just amazing. I’d given you 1000-1 for that to happen. Now it’s 20’s and still coming in.
What makes you so confident that Naish lasts that long? Only a few months ago some thought he was top 10.

mrposhman said:
In order to leave the options shown above for Pick 26 onwards we need to have 5 active list spots on our main list. We currently have 3 so need to delist 2. If we only delist 1 or none, then expect we will only take Picks 17, 20 and 25 and Naish will be taken with 25 if he isn't bid on before that.
Nice work there Mr P. , hopefully that explains the situation for those that were getting confused.

Well given what we’ve done in terms of trading picks Drummond is gone with the promise of being rookied. One of Batch or Lennon also axed. Which one? How late can we delist? Does it have to be done prior to the draft?

WesternTiger said:
For what it's worth Buckenara ranks Naish at 7 and Balta at 17 .

what ever the outcome, there is a top ten pick for us, if we can pick him up at our 3rd rounder, it would be amazing.

Matt Balmer’s post-trade period phantom draft has a feast of talls available at our picks. He’s got us taking Brander at 17, but with Hayes, Balta & Allen also still available.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/10/19/matt-balmers-2017-early-phantom-draft/

footballmonk said:
Matt Balmer’s post-trade period phantom draft has a feast of talls available at our picks. He’s got us taking Brander at 17, but with Hayes, Balta & Allen also still available.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/10/19/matt-balmers-2017-early-phantom-draft/

Just on the paragraph in that article where it refers to a possibility of Brisbane bidding for Naish, surely as a part of our draft pick swap there would have been a gentlemen's agreement that they don't bid on Naish nor us on Ballenden?

Pick 17: Richmond – Jarrod Brander
Key Position Forward/Defender (Bendigo Pioneers/Allies)
11/02/1999 | 194.6cm | 92.3kg

"Most people in the know feel Jarrod Brander will get outside the top 10 and the Tigers would have to snatch him up at Pick 17. Sam Hayes is another tall they will consider – but the Tigers will be hoping he gets through to Pick 20. If the Bulldogs or Lions bid on Naish – this pick will be removed from the order".

willo said:
Yes to your first point. Clubs must have a total list size with a prescribed minimum on the main list. Then the maximum total list size, "main" senior and rookie list give the total list size. As you say, for the past couple of years we've gone in short on the main list with maximum rookies. If you have the minimum you can upgrade a rookie prior to the first game

We may not use all our picks. We probably will use the last 2 picks to upgrade Castagna and Soldo off the rookie list and onto the main list. . It depends if we have any more delistings. There is still another one or two list lodgements to come.

Thanks mate

Just for those that are questioning the pick trade with Geelong. The below is the new order for the draft. Look who has picks 22 and 24. A little goodwill hopefully from that trade means if Naish doesnt get a bid till 22, then Geel won't be bidding. If you take out the interstate teams who I don't see bidding on Naish, then the only teams that might bid are Carl (pick 10), Dogs (16) and North (23).

1. Brisbane Lions
2. Fremantle
3. Carlton
4. North Melbourne
5. Fremantle
6. Collingwood
7. St Kilda
8. St Kilda
9. Western Bulldogs
10. Carlton
11. Greater Western Sydney
12. Adelaide