Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

SkillzThatKillz said:
Would delist Drummond before anyone else.

Would keep Batchelor for another year unless we sign Sam Collins as a delisted free agent.
I tend to agree with this. The kid's not going to do a lot next year, so we either contract him for two years to give him a chance to come back properly, or say sorry mate. Giving him 12 months is a horrible amount of pressure.

Tigertough1974 said:
Question

We have 8 draft picks, is that a reflection of places on our list as we have carried a good number of rookies but ran with a shorter list this year, correct me if I’m wrong but why do some teams have 4 picks and we have 8 ( granted after first 3 the other 5 are 50+)

i think most draft lists show the 1st 7 rounds of the draft and ignore how many spots teams have available.
si if a team has traded their first 5 picks, it will show them having 2 picks, and if a team has traded in 4 extra picks it will show them having 11 picks.
there will be another couple of list lodgements before the draft then the true order will be known. our picks in the 50s could move up a couple of spots yet.

Matt Balmer has Brander slipping to 17, also has Balta & Allen still on board. Our strategy could pay off in spades if we get two of these guys. Can see why Brisbane cut a deal as they anticipate Ballenden to go after 15.

Posh, thanks for the explanation.
I tried to get my head around it early and was totally wrong with the picks to be used.
The essential point I missed is that you still have to use your next pick, and also the excess points are essentially useless (well so far back they won't be used).

Anyhow, I think I've got it now.

In talking about a further two delistings, the one that probably has the most chance is Miles.
We are only offering one year.
I overlooked the fact that Brisbane have the first PSD pick when there was talk about using him in a trade.
If he declines our one year offer, he can just put himself in the PSD and Brisbane have him.

bullus_hit said:
Matt Balmer has Brander slipping to 17, also has Balta & Allen still on board. Our strategy could pay off in spades if we get two of these guys. Can see why Brisbane cut a deal as they anticipate Ballenden to go after 15.

Couldn't possibly last until #17

Im crossing my fingers toes and just about everything els and hoping the club etiquette is held and naish doesn't get a bid until #30 allowing us 3 top 25 players + Naish

My view has always been he is a #20-#30 range player

Could you imagine Premiers take 4 top 25 kids in the draft - Wow

WesternTiger said:
He did say Bolton could be the best of the 2016 draft...

Yep said best potential FORWARD, (including the KPF's of that draft):

“The best forward ... that’s a tough question. It won’t be one of the tall forwards, I think it’ll be one of the smaller players like Shai Bolton because if the penny drops he could become a really exciting prospect,” he said.

Buckenara Bolton to be given a taste of senior football for the Tigers next year but needs to work on his fitness.

“Shai Bolton’s area for improvement is in his fitness and endurance, he’s very much an impact player at present as he comes in and out of the game far too often so better fitness levels should help that,”

Buckenara has been pretty spot on so far, been given a taste we can see what he can do and now knows he has to get fitter. Exciting times ahead.

caesar said:
Yep said best potential FORWARD, (including the KPF's of that draft):

“The best forward ... that’s a tough question. It won’t be one of the tall forwards, I think it’ll be one of the smaller players like Shai Bolton because if the penny drops he could become a really exciting prospect,” he said.

Buckenara Bolton to be given a taste of senior football for the Tigers next year but needs to work on his fitness.

“Shai Bolton’s area for improvement is in his fitness and endurance, he’s very much an impact player at present as he comes in and out of the game far too often so better fitness levels should help that,”

Buckenara has been pretty spot on so far, been given a taste we can see what he can do and now knows he has to get fitter. Exciting times ahead.
Your boys an interesting one next year, could go through 2nd year blues or could rise quickly I think. I wonder if the club will push him up the ground in the pre season or have him join the mosquito squad in the forward half. Good problems to have

CC TIGER said:
Your boys an interesting one next year, could go through 2nd year blues or could rise quickly I think. I wonder if the club will push him up the ground in the pre season or have him join the mosquito squad in the forward half. Good problems to have
Every time this kid gets put up a level he adapts and exceeds,only worry is the go home factor.

CC TIGER said:

I see him slotting nicely into Edwards' role in a couple of years

turk-d-tiger said:
Couldn't possibly last until #17

Im crossing my fingers toes and just about everything els and hoping the club etiquette is held and naish doesn't get a bid until #30 allowing us 3 top 25 players + Naish

My view has always been he is a #20-#30 range player

Could you imagine Premiers take 4 top 25 kids in the draft - Wow

I’ve had in him #7-#15 range but now, I have no idea. If we get him after #25, I’ll flip out.

Timing coming off a flag would be unprecedented.

SCOOP said:
I’ve had in him #7-#15 range but now, I have no idea. If we get him after #25, I’ll flip out.

I’ll flip out with you.
A joint flip out.

Nice to win the flag and get Naish 17, 20 & 25.
Somehow, make it happen!!

SCOOP said:

All the talls bar Naughton have plummeted, reckon our premiership structure has been a major catalyst. Great time to load up on talls. Walk away with 2 talls in Balta & Brander and then see who's remaining out of Allen & Hayes (presuming Naish doesn't get s bid).

Also, thought about Brisbane bidding on Naish and then Richmond bidding on Ballenden. That would cause a fair bit og commotion.

Blind Charlie said:
Every time this kid gets put up a level he adapts and exceeds,only worry is the go home factor.

BC, I know he did some exiting things in the seniors but no where near enough to keep his spot.

Even in the twos he floated in and out of the game, just need to improve his tank and this will take a couple of more preseasons.

bullus_hit said:
All the talls bar Naughton have plummeted, reckon our premiership structure has been a major catalyst. Great time to load up on talls. Walk away with 2 talls in Balta & Brander and then see who's remaining out of Allen & Hayes (presuming Naish doesn't get s bid).

Also, thought about Brisbane bidding on Naish and then Richmond bidding on Ballenden. That would cause a fair bit og commotion.

Bullus id like us to get the 3 B's if possible and naish doesnt attract a bid

Brander
Balta
Bonar

bullus_hit said:

Hi

Will there be a lot of quality in the draft left when pick 50 comes around.
I don’t mean the odd slider like jack Graham.

Your inbox is full too. You can’t get PMs.

I cant seem to find any footage of Bonar.

What type is he and where is he expected to go. I notice he's already had 2 knee recos.

Vlossy said:
Just for those that are questioning the pick trade with Geelong. The below is the new order for the draft. Look who has picks 22 and 24. A little goodwill hopefully from that trade means if Naish doesnt get a bid till 22, then Geel won't be bidding. If you take out the interstate teams who I don't see bidding on Naish, then the only teams that might bid are Carl (pick 10), Dogs (16) and North (23).

I’ll be cheering Naish through every pick he survives.
Like cheering Rickon Stark every time Ramsay Bolton’s arrow missed.
Hopefully with a better outcome.