Other games: The finals series!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other games: The finals series!!

zippadeee said:
The only time I feel we had a small chance of actually wining a flag.
We have to beat our nemesis side in North, then go to Sydney and then go to west coast who plays with a extra 3 players.
No chance this year.
If Sydney beat Freo and we beat North, we could wind up having to go to the West two weeks in a row.

Finals are hard, good teams make finals and we shouldn't expect it to be easy. One week at a time.

If we end up playing Wet Toast in Perth then bring it on I say, it will mean that we have won two finals . If we are good enough we will win and if not then let's get better and make top 4 in 2016.

jb03 said:
I reckon the web is just a wanky term made up by Healy and King. Eagles players are simply getting back quickly and filling up space or manning their opponents. Pretty much what every team tries to do.

Doesn't really matter what they call it, it's effective. It's more organised than simply "getting back quickly", players need to have an awareness of the distance to teammates for it to work.

Not going to think about it until we get there.

Imagine if these 2 teams go through to the GF and the hawks will be forced to wear that heinous clash strip again? The fallout from this will be the biggest entertainment of the whole week

Ian4 said:
Imagine if these 2 teams go through to the GF and the hawks will be forced to wear that heinous clash strip again? The fallout from this will be the biggest entertainment of the whole week
In a way it's Hawthorn's home game, it's at their home ground and they're the reigning premiers. They shouldn't be one wearing the clash strip, besides as you say it's so hideous that there's now way 7 will let them wear it for the biggest game of the year.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Doesn't really matter what they call it, it's effective. It's more organised than simply "getting back quickly", players need to have an awareness of the distance to teammates for it to work.

Not going to think about it until we get there.

You didn't strike me as someone who would engage in the new age fandangled talk Lee. Teams have been building "the wall" for years with players spread apart.

Alright, so I've worked it out now... hawthorn deliberately lost last night as they wanted to avoid a prelim against us.

To my limited mind, they (Eagles) build a hexagon of sorts I front of the player with the ball. A long kicking, good marking team could break it down quickly. Jack and Ty in the front half with crumbers, maric and griff in the middle with lids and dusty floating and sir Alex and Chaplin in the back we have the tools to break it if we kick straight and quickly.

Edit: forgot to add the hexagon is around 30 metres from the player. Hawks (IMO) are not a one on one marking team - they are great with space, but not one on one. IMO we can beat the Eagles hexagon. We have the team to do it.

DirtyDogTiger said:
If sydney lose and cop another key injury today.... The richmond north tomorrow will look like the gang fight from 'The Outsiders'.
who are the greasers and who are the socs?

DirtyDogTiger said:
If sydney lose and cop another key injury today.... The richmond north tomorrow will look like the gang fight from 'The Outsiders'.
ponyboy cotchin, two-bit miles, Dallas martin, soda pop lids, darrel newman, johnny vickery
Stay gold Tigers.

Abc commentator just said "now Sydney are going to be chasing tail... Wind effected tail. "

Dunno. I thought it was funny.

But seriously : kick straight tomorrow tigers. For the love of god. KICK STRAIGHT .

Great kick from Ballantyne, but geez....doesn't Dennis the Dill get excited. Sounds realistic only when his WA teams play.

Whoever wins tomorrow will fancy beating the Swans next week, likely to be without Jack, Parker, Buddy and now Reid. Reckon both the Tiges and the Roos will be licking their lips with their depleted forward line and both sides match up well with the Swans.

Massive game tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoys the game, looking forward to it. My 5 year olds coming to her first game tomorrow, should be a cracking atmosphere.