Other games: The finals series!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other games: The finals series!!

Frawley would have to be the biggest recruiting blunder the hawks have made for some time

immorta said:
Frawley would have to be the biggest recruiting blunder the hawks have made for some time
Yep dud. They would have been better off playing Schoenmakers, and thats saying something :)

I still cant believe that knucklehead Miller took Jokely Nichols over Hurn and Burchall.

It burns. It burns!

evo said:
I still cant believe that knucklehead Miller took Jokely Nichols over Hurn and Burchall.

It burns. It burns!

If only there was some way I could express the fact I was rolling on the floor and laughing via an Internet forum WYSIWYG editor.....

West Coast are the Hawks of 2008, it's not so much them but there game plan thats bringing teams undone.

What the Hawks did with the Zone in 2008 the Eagles are doing with the Web in 2015 and unless someone can deconstruct the web prior to Grand Final day, then I think they will have it in the bag.

There beating teams with what seems an undermanned back line, because the web doesn't allow the ball to get there.

The only time I feel we had a small chance of actually wining a flag.
We have to beat our nemesis side in North, then go to Sydney and then go to west coast who plays with a extra 3 players.
No chance this year.

The umpires will be worse for the next West Coast game.
The old htb rule will have different interpretations depending on which team tackles.

zippadeee said:
We have to beat our nemesis side in North, then go to Sydney and then go to west coast who plays with a extra 3 players.
No chance this year.

Uncharacteristically optimistic post from Zips. Keep a lid on it.

zippadeee said:
No chance this year.

Gotta make top 4 next year. It's the only way.

To win a final would be fantastic and would make the year a par imho, however lose an the year becomes dissapoining in many ways but t I don't think it has any baring on next year an beyond , unlike the Roos we haven't topped up yet, we have blooded plenty of youth an showed many good signs. Next year us, WC an Dogs are the only sides in the 8 that should again improve, the rest will decline.

Agree with you CC.....this year is not our year....next year and the year after is our target/s. By the way...when was the last time a team outside the top 4 won the grand final? Adelaide?

Imo, I honestly think when we smash Nth this week, our confidence will rise.
RFC has spent a lot of time over the years preparing the team for constant interstate travel and our record is good.
I believe we'll win go all the way this year. Playing in WA is not an issue and the players & club welcome it with hunger to win.
They dont fear it !
I dont get the nervousness.
In fact believe RFC has turned the tables on interstate teams and when we hot the front they know we can continue to go on and win.

next year is next year. Anyhting can happen. RFC is in the mix this year and deserve to be there.

Go Tiges.

jasonoska said:
Agree with you CC.....this year is not our year....next year and the year after is our target/s. By the way...when was the last time a team outside the top 4 won the grand final? Adelaide?

Yes was Adelaide, different finals format though since 2000 ?

Def easier to do when Crows did it

Blackcats said:
West Coast are the Hawks of 2008, it's not so much them but there game plan thats bringing teams undone.

What the Hawks did with the Zone in 2008 the Eagles are doing with the Web in 2015 and unless someone can deconstruct the web prior to Grand Final day, then I think they will have it in the bag.

There beating teams with what seems an undermanned back line, because the web doesn't allow the ball to get there.

I reckon the web is just a wanky term made up by Healy and King. Eagles players are simply getting back quickly and filling up space or manning their opponents. Pretty much what every team tries to do.

jb03 said:
I reckon the web is just a wanky term made up by Healy and King. Eagles players are simply getting back quickly and filling up space or manning their opponents. Pretty much what every team tries to do.

The Eagles have a good defensive structure around the stoppages that either no one has noticed or if they have then they are not commenting about it.

They analyse their opponents each week and don't allow them to utilise their particular structures whether it be extra numbers on one side of a stoppage or various outside players that always get dished out the ball, the Eagles effectively change their structure to negate an opponent that is rigid in their game plan and that is a major reason for their success.

To beat the Eagles you actually have to negate their negaters by outsmarting them and being flexible, and this can be a tough ask for a lot of the sides these days that drill the "process" into their players so deeply that they don't have the ability to adapt when "Plan A" doesn't work.