Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

DragicevicFan said:
I'm staggered by this.

Has played everywhere except his natural position at senior level.

Only a few weeks ago he was playing 'AFL standard' games in the midfield and picking up clearances, contested ball and kicking goals to boot.

Never given a decent run at it - will get another opportunity somewhere and rightly so.

He's only 21 still too.

One of the better kicks on the list.

Given our problems with turnovers and maintaining possession, would have thought he had something to offer.

DragicevicFan said:
One of the better kicks on the list.

Given our problems with turnovers and maintaining possession, would have thought he had something to offer.

Look he might not have made it, but he did what the coaches asked of him at VFL level and rarely let them down.

Natural forward who played half back and inside mid.

Why was he not given an extended run at half forward in the firsts. Lennon finally got one and showed his strengths (and faults).

Yet we wasted dozens of games playing Gordon and Morris in his position. Two blokes who cant get it as much or use it as well, Does your head in really!

Has the same physique as me, so I sympathise, but i'm not trying to be an AFL footballer. If we delist, can't see him doing anything anywhere else.

DragicevicFan said:
I'm staggered by this.

Has played everywhere except his natural position at senior level.

Only a few weeks ago he was playing 'AFL standard' games in the midfield and picking up clearances, contested ball and kicking goals to boot.

Never given a decent run at it - will get another opportunity somewhere and rightly so.

Yes it is staggering.
Always thought he had the skill set to develop into a handy player.
When you consider some who are still on the list with deplorable skills all you can do is shake your head in disbelief.

antman said:
Has the same physique as me, so I sympathise, but i'm not trying to be an AFL footballer. If we delist, can't see him doing anything anywhere else.

You must be pretty ripped antman!

353463-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Thanks to the NBN, I can stream HD pinhole camera vision to where ever I am in the world

Kaelan said:
think Chocco said he was the most natural footballer on our list
Obviously the term "natural footballer" needs some explanation. On it's own it's just not enough. Perhaps he didn't train hard enough to build speed, strength and endurance? Perhaps he didn't show enough desire to be the best he could be at VFL level to warrant more games in the faster pace AFL? What were his stats for the year? If he couldn't dominate at VFL then how can he hold a place in AFL? How was his defensive game?

evo said:
reckon you may be right
Given the universally proclaimed poor draft this coming crop, surely will be considered for a rookie. I am just not really sure whether he could make it or not for all the reasons given her. Has he ever had a real go in his best position, for a run of games. I saw him play. Yes he wasn't a stand-out but not terrible, but was invariably dropped next week. Dimma et al are almost unfathomable on some players. Just wonder if we could also have played either Thomas or Arnott on Jacobs last week and reversed the hard-tag (instead of Conca).
Manpower unused and unknown (convincingly).

Baloo said:
BTW, impressed by the 'weapon' down your left thigh, but ... isn't it a little 'out-of-alignment'? Maybe you're just left of centre?

pumped said:
might be rookied
Don't the club usually make a comment along those lines when they're going to rookie a delistee ?