Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Baloo said:
Too late in the season with too much to play for. How's not the time to givesyoungsters a run of games for their own development.
Shedda's out injured, Morris out form, Newie old age fringing, Gordon struggling for impact. Perfect time for a youngster to get a couple of games n see if he can settle into a viable team function. Doesn't have to be a game breaker or match winner, just needs to perform a role n provide some support.

Give him another 2 games to see if he can adjust to the tempo. You only need to look at Lambert 3 weeks ago he found the tempo too fast but yesterday he had 19 disposals.

Has to have had more impact than Morris given that he gets more possessions while still having a large number of pressure acts. Gordon on the other hand has butchered the ball too much in the last two weeks and needs to be the first to go when Edwards, Ellis, Knights or Conca are ready.

Ian4 said:
will wear the vest next week. mark my words.

then I guess we better send it to the tailors during the week.

Sintiger said:
I actually thought he was just starting to get into the game and showing something when he was taken off

Yep.

Also wasn't used in the same role he regularly is in best players in the VFL. Again. Not sure how that's proper development but eh. Will be dropped.

antman said:
I kept telling y'all he's a porker!!!

Just like Diego...from the Hand of God to Madonna....something's cooking. ;D

Dimma mentioned in his presser that he thought Matt did a few nice things when moved into the midfield, and that he'd like him and Lennon to hold their spots.

DLR said:
Check your DVD, think you were watching a game replay...........
I was there. Were you?

Dyer'ere said:
He was referring to the old ShAnk, DLR. He didn't mean it as a compliment but I recon it was. ;D
I did mean it as a compliment, and the new Shank.

Barnzy said:
Yep.

Also wasn't used in the same role he regularly is in best players in the VFL. Again. Not sure how that's proper development but eh. Will be dropped.
Yes, he was. At times. Had at least one centre clearance. Should he have had more centre square time in preference to Chimp, Bull, Miles, Grigg, Lids?

Stylo said:
Dimma mentioned in his presser that he thought Matt did a few nice things when moved into the midfield, and that he'd like him and Lennon to hold their spots.
I hope that they both can. I'd like to see more from Matt, and I don't think playing him one week, then dropping him back to the VFL the following one really helps his development, but after yesterday I think both he and Gordon will have nervous weeks to see if they're selected for the Dockers game.

BrisTiger24 said:
Showed some great defensive ability and courage when he spoilt a certain N Riewoldt mark. Was one of my highlights for the game

agree and also took a courageous mark near the center area where he couldve been flattened but stood his ground...

Thought his third quarter showed some real promise. Very disappointed to see him handed the vest after that.

Like his ability to turn to either his right or left foot and still hit the target.

Baloo said:
Too late in the season with too much to play for. How's not the time to givesyoungsters a run of games for their own development.

Now's the exact time to play some of these youngsters ahead of the likes of Morris and Newman who have showed nothing all season. We've carried a few youngsters this year in some good wins which is something we haven't done in the past. I hope we continue that positive attitude in team selection.

I like Relton and I'm happy for hin to get more games, but he is clearly the first out for returning players.

mld said:
I like Relton and I'm happy for hin to get more games, but he is clearly the first out for returning players.
Dunno, would rather see Madonna get another game, starting on the ground again n give him the opportunity to work his way up to the tempo of AFL. If someone needs to go for a returning player then give Gordon a run in the magoos.

TigerMasochist said:
Dunno, would rather see Madonna get another game, starting on the ground again n give him the opportunity to work his way up to the tempo of AFL. If someone needs to go for a returning player then give Gordon a run in the magoos.

Of course I'd prefer Relton to Flash, but I don't see it happening that way.

They clearly don't rate him......how Lloyd gets a game before him is beyond me!!!!!!!

an ext 25 man sqd and not even named, he'll be leaving at the end of the year

Jonesracing82 said:
an ext 25 man sqd and not even named, he'll be leaving at the end of the year

Just like he did last year. Oh, wait a sec...

They tried to name him on the extended bench but it wasn't long enough.