Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Delisted. :(

All the best to Madonna. Not enough chances were given to this kid.

Like many, would have loved it if he had of been afforded the opportunity of Morris/Petterd, etc.

I reckon he will be a solid player picked up on the cheap by another club (likely as a rookie)

Never got a look in under Hardwick.
Deserved a lot more chances than he was given.

Late rookie pick to North, kicks the winning goal in the EF against us next year.

Seriously hope he gets a gig with Port or Adelaide.

Very poorly treated by the RFC.

Never thought he was any good. Expected him to get delisted this year. Won't go on to achieve anything at another club.

Good luck for the future though.

asian tetley said:
Never got a look in under Hardwick.
Deserved a lot more chances than he was given.

Can't remember who, but one the assistant coaches said he has to improve his fitness level to make it in AFL

Reading between the lines it sounded like he was a bit lazy on the training track.

Did he play a full game in his natural position ?
Played sub or small defender ,something going on in the background that we don't know about?
Good luck to the kid ,he's got real talent ,workrate not so sure .

thought he deserved more opportunities in his natural position - mid / forward. Not a dimma type ie hard nut desperado / head first into packs type.

69 vintage said:
Did he play a full game in his natural position ?
Played sub or small defender ,something going on in the background that we don't know about?
Good luck to the kid ,he's got real talent ,workrate not so sure .

Was recruited as a forward.
Didn't get a look in.
We had Morris !

lamb22 said:
Seriously hope he gets a gig with Port or Adelaide.

Very poorly treated by the RFC.
Chocco, said in an RFC video that he was the most naturally gifted player on our list .
Something has gone wrong along the way .
Our list must be in good shape if a kid with his talent is let go .
The one bonus i suppose is Beanie didn't get delisted :hihi

lamb22 said:
Late rookie pick to North, kicks the winning goal in the EF against us next year.

Chaplin will try to get around him and get pinged for holding the ball 10 metres out.

I'm staggered by this.

Has played everywhere except his natural position at senior level.

Only a few weeks ago he was playing 'AFL standard' games in the midfield and picking up clearances, contested ball and kicking goals to boot.

Never given a decent run at it - will get another opportunity somewhere and rightly so.

loved him from the get go...could never for the life of me figure out why he wasn't given a run of games as a small foward