Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Another club will pick him up easily, cannot understand why!

He will come back to haunt us in a elimination Final one day.

B2

Matty looked okay at times, but he did have his chances. Likely to get another go elsewhere. To give yourself a chance in the drafts, these days you can't keep players for very long. Cutthroat industry.

B1 and B2 said:
Another club will pick him up easily, cannot understand why!

He will come back to haunt us in a elimination Final one day.

B2

Only if he loses his gut.

leon said:
BTW, impressed by the 'weapon' down your left thigh, but ... isn't it a little 'out-of-alignment'? Maybe you're just left of centre?

It's only like that because I'm pleased to see you

Poor condition , never took his chances, and hardly ever in best players in a poor vfl side, De listed is correct call, and maybe this kick will be his making.

I always had a soft spot for maradonna, I had hoped he would come on but this year was disappointing.

Thread needs more Scoop.

The great man is in hiding since Sunday.

achillesjones said:
Matty looked okay at times, but he did have his chances. Likely to get another go elsewhere. To give yourself a chance in the drafts, these days you can't keep players for very long. Cutthroat industry.

Wasn't given any chances this year. Played 2 games, one in Round 4 and one in Round 16, one he was sub and played barely a quarter, the other he played 3/4s game time. Hard to understand why he was kept on the list for this year when it is clear from early on that he wasn't going to be given an honest chance.

jokershoppe said:
Poor condition , never took his chances, and hardly ever in best players in a poor vfl side, De listed is correct call, and maybe this kick will be his making.

I think this is a fair assessment. He did not show enough in the VFL. If you keep playing these guys in the seniors, you lose games.

Leysy Days said:
Thread needs more Scoop.

think he advocated conca and Griffiths should play. Might not have resurfaced from one of those Port Melbourne pubs.

achillesjones said:
I think this is a fair assessment. He did not show enough in the VFL. If you keep playing these guys in the seniors, you lose games.

Not really a fair assessment, particularly the part about him hardly being in the team's best players. Was named in the best in 5 of his last 6 games, 6 of the last 8. Also saw a couple of his later games and he was good. You wonder how many making comment actually saw any games or where their opinion is coming from.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=196040022&client=1-118-150491-339767-20320246&ocompID=339767

Simply, he wasn't rewarded for his consistency this year but it was clear his papers were stamped earlier in the season. Why play him ahead of Morris?

tigerlove said:
Not really a fair assessment, particularly the part about him hardly being in the team's best players. Was named in the best in 5 of his last 6 games, 6 of the last 8. Also saw a couple of his later games and he was good. You wonder how many making comment actually saw any games or where their opinion is coming from.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=196040022&client=1-118-150491-339767-20320246&ocompID=339767

Simply, he wasn't rewarded for his consistency this year but it was clear his papers were stamped earlier in the season. Why play him ahead of Morris?
Yep, those saying he didn't perform at VFL level obviously didn't see many games.

Ah well, was never played in his natural position in the forward line nor given an extended opportunity at AFL level. Playing a quarter or two here and there in the back pocket doesn't give you much of a chance to cement a position. Move on though. I hope he gets a chance somewhere else, good luck in the future Matty.

leon said:
BTW, impressed by the 'weapon' down your left thigh, but ... isn't it a little 'out-of-alignment'? Maybe you're just left of centre?
Thanks for that leon, stupid enough to go back for a second look wondering what the hell I'd missed FFS :-[.

Leysy Days said:
Thread needs more Scoop.

Vale Plugger.

Drafted as a forward and played in every spot bar that then given two week “all or nothing” spurts in the one’s.

Mismanaged to the hilt. Lucky we still have Morris.

Tigerflag2008 said:
I always had a soft spot for maradonna, I had hoped he would come on but this year was disappointing.

um, was he not in the list, VFL "bests" most weeks ?

Modern footy has ruined these types of players.

Coaches like Dimma think they need 16 mids to rotate through the guts.

West Coast still plays Le Cras. Fremantle play Walters. Hawthorn play Poppy, Cyril and Breust.

Madonna was unacceptably fat but he was never played in his natural position.

I'm over Dimma's treatment of these blokes. Lennon still undecided and Hawthorn into McBean.

Carter said:
Modern footy has ruined these types of players.

Coaches like Dimma think they need 16 mids to rotate through the guts.

West Coast still plays Le Cras. Fremantle play Walters. Hawthorn play Poppy, Cyril and Breust.

Madonna was unacceptably fat but he was never played in his natural position.

I'm over Dimma's treatment of these blokes. Lennon still undecided and Hawthorn into McBean.

So your now putting Madonna into the Le Cras, Walters, Poppy Cyril Bruest class.

Please send me a shipping container of whatever you are smoking

And sorry you have some facts on the Hawthorn into McBean statement.