Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

B1 and B2 said:
Totally agree GO, I'm not bagging him - you are probably right that FJ and co. most likely are more proficient at sourcing talent than they are.
I hope he turns into a long term good player for us and will be right behind him.

Pick #55 (equivalent of maybe a 70 or more this year) will always be a bit of a lottery. Just bemused (not specifically at you two bananas) as to why our recruiting staff credentials are being questioned on this pick. The kid gets his chance, one of two things will happen, he will make it or he won't. But we won't know for a couple of years or more. Give the poor kid some space ;D

GoodOne said:
Give the poor kid some space ;D

I know - I hope the poor kid hasn't logged onto PRE yet - he's already got 11 pages, I reckon he's on Tambling pace!

B1

Won't have to do much to be better than our last pick in the fifties, stay at the club and work hard is all. I reckon he's a shot at making it. Good luck matt.

wayne said:
The stunned disbelief was for the pick before ours... :hihi

Melbourne is bad enough for James Sellar to be in it's best 22. ;D

I would have thought they learnt something from the Meeson fiasco, obviously not.

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Won't have to do much to be better than our last pick in the fifties, stay at the club and work hard is all. I reckon he's a shot at making it. Good luck matt.

pick 51 Dean MacDonald?

wayne said:
The stunned disbelief was for the pick before ours... :hihi

Melbourne is bad enough for James Sellar to be in it's best 22. ;D

:hihi

Sorry dean you're doing a bang up job! you'll crack it for a game soon.
Yeah that bloke before you, i've lost track of time in my old age!

Stupefying, saddening and yet predictable responses

Or perhaps we are following instruction to bag Matt ridiculously to test his mental strength ?

Hope he makes the most of his time in Arizona and impresses pre-season

Tigers of Old said:
We'll see soon enough who's a better judge of talent. Francis or the officials.

FWIW I noted Dom Tyson was pretty pleased his Oakleigh team mate got picked up.
FWIIW Dom Tyson is a Richmond supporter. Hi dad is mad Richmond and his mum is the sister of an ex-hawthorn player so there is some pedigree there.

Leysy Days said:
Who bagged him?

Here's one quote: This guy will barely be abel to play VFL seniors-barely . Few more in there if you look carefully. Bagging his selection is indirectly bagging his potential one would have thought. And we're on our 12th page. More than any of our other recruits. Interesting considering the position he was picked.

The Mole said:
FWIIW Dom Tyson is a Richmond supporter. Hi dad is mad Richmond and his mum is the sister of an ex-hawthorn player so there is some pedigree there.

Out of Greater Western Sydney's draftees, I though Tyson looked like he wanted to be there the least on draft day.

Maybe he was just a bit overwhelmed on the day, I don't know.

I would certainly be in his ear very early about coming home. Very family orientated too. We can only hope.

GoodOne said:
Here's one quote: This guy will barely be abel to play VFL seniors-barely . Few more in there if you look carefully. Bagging his selection is indirectly bagging his potential one would have thought. And we're on our 12th page. More than any of our other recruits. Interesting considering the position he was picked.

Or is just saying that the people saying his highlights look the best of the lot, and he is going to be a tough complement to Martin etc should back-off a bit and temper their expectations? He is a late round speculative pick who will have to do absolutely everything right to be on the list in two years. That isn't bagging him. That is just the reality of late round gambles.

GoodOne said:

That wasnt from a PRE poster ILRC so completely irrelevent if thats the case.

Judging by this thread the hardest thing for this guy will be to live up to the over the top expectations many have placed on him

Leysy Days said:
That wasnt from a PRE poster ILRC so completely irrelevent if thats the case.

Lennox made a good effort too

Leysy Days said:
Judging by this thread the hardest thing for this guy will be to live up to the over the top expectations many have placed on him

I wouldn't say many. Most seem to acknowledge that he is a Pick 55 in a weak compromsied draft.

Lennox Street said:
He is a late round speculative pick who will have to do absolutely everything right to be on the list in two years. That isn't bagging him. That is just the reality of late round gambles.

Is there more to this obvious statement?

GoodOne said:

All Lennox was doing was adding some insight into the player.

Hardly bagging the player or his selection.

Geez its hard to say anything but totally positive thoughts on here of late without being howled down.

GoodOne said:

Every one of my statements is a straight out fact. That is hardly bagging a bloke. Geez Louise.

I mean Arnot finished in a tie for 7th place in their B+F. He played 20 games and tied with Tyson who played 10. He doesn't play for Vic Metro, and by the finals series he is starting on the bench for Oakleigh