Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Lennox Street said:
Every one of my statements is a straight out fact. That is hardly bagging a bloke. Geez Louise.

I mean Arnot finished in a tie for 7th place in their B+F. He played 20 games and tied with Tyson who played 10. He doesn't play for Vic Metro, and by the finals series he is starting on the bench for Oakleigh

And he'll probably turn out to be our best pick ;D

If he has a career as good as Nason's then he's done very well and pick 55 in this compromised draft wasn't too bad for us.

The Mole said:
I would certainly be in his ear very early about coming home. Very family orientated too. We can only hope.

Had a premonition ppre draft day that he wil lend up at Richmond at some point in his career nad be a part of a Richmond premiership side. Had this feeling about Bachar Houli years ago too. This is Dom Tyson I am tlaking about in case anyone is confused.

Great, now we are in for the typical "Ooooo he barracked for Richmond as a kid, he will come here" speculation every time Tyson is out of contract...

Leysy Days said:
All Lennox was doing was adding some insight into the player.

Hardly bagging the player or his selection.

Geez its hard to say anything but totally positive thoughts on here of late without being howled down.

Leysy, you've been touchy ever since the two you wanted to land at Richmond ended up going much lower in the draft than our top 2 picks. Snap out of it. No-one's howling anyone down.

Dont mind the look of the lad for pick 55.....only worry is he might heard one of our own at training....great attack on the footy an man....

GoodOne said:
Leysy, you've been touchy ever since the two you wanted to land at Richmond ended up going much lower in the draft than our top 2 picks. Snap out of it. No-one's howling anyone down.

Eh! Not sure what your on about. Some guys leysy liked went early some went later.

Either way something that trivial certainly doesnt make leysy touchy. :hihi

skybeau said:
Great, now we are in for the typical "Ooooo he barracked for Richmond as a kid, he will come here" speculation every time Tyson is out of contract...

Worked well with Scully!

i think GWS will be a massive target in two years for luring players home. you have to ask yourself if you would like your workplace in Western Sydney or Melbourne. No contest. :cutelaugh

The Mole said:
i think GWS will be a massive target in two years for luring players home. you have to ask yourself if you would like your workplace in Western Sydney or Melbourne. No contest. :cutelaugh
Getting wind of it,Adolf D will make it that any GWS listed kid poached back to his home state will cost the poaching club 2 first rnd picks plus a priority 1st rnd compensation pick from the AFL. ;D{offer excludes all other 17 clubs} ;D

I think everyone is still over playing the western sydney aspect. For those who dont know they GWS kids are staying at Breakfast Point for the next 2 years in brand new apartments on the Parammatta River. They are living in inner west Sydney have restaurants, shops and all forms of entertainment on their door step. They are a 10 minute drive from Homebush and Skoda Stadium and 15-20 minnute drive to Blacktown. If they move back to Melbourne it wont be because they are living in drug riddled, crime infested areas of Sydney. Sounds like a great lifestyle to me

wigglyworm said:
I think everyone is still over playing the western sydney aspect. For those who dont know they GWS kids are staying at Breakfast Point for the next 2 years in brand new apartments on the Parammatta River. They are living in inner west Sydney have restaurants, shops and all forms of entertainment on their door step. They are a 10 minute drive from Homebush and Skoda Stadium and 15-20 minnute drive to Blacktown. If they move back to Melbourne it wont be because they are living in drug riddled, crime infested areas of Sydney. Sounds like a great lifestyle to me

I totally agree. I actually reckon you might find GC have more problems that GWS do.

GWS are clearly pulling out all stops to really build a strong young team and to galvanise them together.

Personally I think their model, Folau aside, is better than GCs.

Streak said:
I totally agree. I actually reckon you might find GC have more problems that GWS do.

GWS are clearly pulling out all stops to really build a strong young team and to galvanise them together.

Also to consider is that GWS also have the ability to sign uncontracted players for a 2nd year also.

That aside, on Emma Quayle's recent draft blog, she stated that Arnott's name had come up several occasions in pre-draft talk as a possible late mid to late pick.

Really hope he makes it.

Sam Mitchell Mk II in the making - but with a better kick on him.

Streak said:

Falou kicked 20 goals in 10 games after going to FF. Will probably play for them in round 1 on merit.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Also to consider is that GWS also have the ability to sign uncontracted players for a 2nd year also.

Theoretically it has already happened. Their window was end of season until draft day. So Deledio might already have signed.

Lennox Street said:
Falou kicked 20 goals in 10 games after going to FF. Will probably play for them in round 1 on merit.

He is the one NRL player who I always thought should of been playing AFL. He always looked like he would be able to really take a good grab.

Roar Vision - Welcome Matthew Arnot
Just watched the video interview on the RFC website. I was really impressed with how articulate, confident and yet still modest that he was. Hopefully he can make a real contribution to the club over many years.
R

probably the most impressive intro interview - hope the boy can play. Good Luck Crumpet :hihi

Just saw his interview for the first time. Wow he has a steely look and a swagger about him that reminds me of Ben Cousins. Very confident young man, let's hope he can play to anywhere near Cuz's level.

Watching the highlights clip I can see a lot of young cuz in this kid.

I reckon he just might fit in nicely to the mid rotations...and leave some collateral damage to the opposition in his path!

BIG SMOKEY.