Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Wildride said:
I agree tigs, we didn't recruit a ruck, Elton is clearly stated by our recruiting team to be a KPP, whether forward or back, with a pinch hit in the ruck. Also, since when are other clubs shedding rucks? Geelong, reigning premiers, just drafted a 29 yo rookie ruck as a replacement for Ottens to maintain their ruck stocks at 5, which is one more genuine ruck than we have!

Tell me about it. We recruited a KPP/pinch-hit ruck because of the sub rule. Hawthorn have 21 people on staff yet have selected Dowler, Thorp, Clangermakers as first rounders.

Wildride said:
I agree tigs, we didn't recruit a ruck, Elton is clearly stated by our recruiting team to be a KPP, whether forward or back, with a pinch hit in the ruck. Also, since when are other clubs shedding rucks? Geelong, reigning premiers, just drafted a 29 yo rookie ruck as a replacement for Ottens to maintain their ruck stocks at 5, which is one more genuine ruck than we have!

And Collingwood, last years premier and this years runner-up also used 2 of their 3 picks on ruckmen.

And Brisbane used their top ten pick on a ruckmen.

"Francis Jackson simply has to go.
He is the only recruiter who refuses to have more than 6 people in his entire national team( Hawhron has 21, col 23 ) because , wait for it" most people don't know what they are looking at".

The selection of Arnott on Thursday night has to go down as perhaps the most extraordinary thing this man has done. As someone who watched chargers approx 20 times over the past two years let me give you some facts about that selection.

No other club had any interest whatsoever
He is that slow, the goalpost runs past him
He can only play in one position
There was stunned disbelief in the room on thursday when his name was read out. No recruiters sitting near me could believe their ears
Not a single person from Richmond spoke to any official from Oakleigh throughout the year about any of their players
This guy will barely be abel to play VFL seniors-barely
My phone has run hot with every recruiter in town paying out on the selection and also wanting to know Richmond is adding ruckman when all the other club are shedding them due to the substitute rule

Francis has set up a model which is entirely different to every other club with a third of the staff. He refuses the clubs offer of more resources. He has his guys watching up to 5/6 games per weekend-ridiculous. The rest of the clubs are wrong and he is right.

Every single person involved in the TAC this year would like to know what he was thinking drafting ARNOTT-DEAR OH DEAR>

This isn't Scully senior is it?! P!ssed that we didn't employ him as a recruiter? ;D Strong chance considering his team didn't draft a ruck!

WesternTiger said:
He is the only recruiter who refuses to have more than 6 people in his entire national team( Hawhron has 21, col 23 ) because , wait for it" most people don't know what they are looking at".

The selection of Arnott on Thursday night has to go down as perhaps the most extraordinary thing this man has done. As someone who watched chargers approx 20 times over the past two years let me give you some facts about that selection.

There was stunned disbelief in the room on thursday when his name was read out. No recruiters sitting near me could believe their ears
Not a single person from Richmond spoke to any official from Oakleigh throughout the year about any of their players
My phone has run hot with every recruiter in town paying out on the selection and also wanting to know Richmond is adding ruckman when all the other club are shedding them due to the substitute rule

Francis has set up a model which is entirely different to every other club with a third of the staff. He refuses the clubs offer of more resources. He has his guys watching up to 5/6 games per weekend-ridiculous. The rest of the clubs are wrong and he is right.

Every single person involved in the TAC this year would like to know what he was thinking drafting ARNOTT-DEAR OH DEAR>

This isn't Scully senior is it?! P!ssed that we didn't employ him as a recruiter? ;D Strong chance considering his team didn't draft a ruck!

Arnott went to state screening so several clubs must have expressed am interest, plus he has good TAC stats and fills a position of need with a late pick in a weak draft. Looks like a smear campaign from a try hard.

WesternTiger said:

who were you talking to phil scully, last time I looked arnot finished top 10 or so in morrish medal...aww didnt fink of dat...enough with the crap Mr expert....and eltin is a KPP prospect fwiw that can pinch hit in ruck, yeah thats coz with sub rule there's no place for a 1 trick pony...awww didnt fink of dat ::)

That second post there Barnzy is so obviously such a massive massive shitstir it's not funny.

did he play U18 champs? in his highlight clip he's wearing the Vic jumper.

Tigers of Old said:
Big Footy. :hihi

Still, in between monkeys throwing poo at each other their is some interesting stuff on the Arnot thread

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892218&highlight=Matthew+Arnot&page=2

Harry said:
did he play U18 champs? in his highlight clip he's wearing the Vic jumper.

Nah he's playing in a Vic metro trial game i think. VM vs VM.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Still, in between monkeys throwing poo at each other their is some interesting stuff on the Arnot thread

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892218&highlight=Matthew+Arnot&page=2

Did the Morish Medal winner not get picked up by anyone?

Loved his attack on the footy and he didn't seem to have any real problems with his pace. Won the ball and dished off to a better option, was silky with the left boot and hard at it!!! Plenty of players (bartel) are that fast but they win the ball and turn games with their attack on it. I think in a diluted draft to get him at 55 is a masterstroke.

jb03 said:
Did the Morish Medal winner not get picked up by anyone?

Nah, he's always been a rookie pick at best, as you know that's hardly unusual

Lot of love for a kid that was pick 55 in a week draft.
If he is still on the list in two years he has done well.

WT, our recruiters don't speak to the junior clubs re players.
It's just how it is, not particular to Arnot.

As a former resident of Vermont, it was nice to see a local boy picked up by the Tigers and I wish Matthew all the best with his career at Punt Rd.

WesternTiger said:

I can confirm what WT says here.
My brother was sitting between 2 Oakleigh officials when they read out his name.
The 2 officials looked at each other and said "what the f*** are Richmond doing?"

B1

B1 and B2 said:
I can confirm what WT says here.
My brother was sitting between 2 Oakleigh officials when they read out his name.
The 2 officials looked at each other and said "what the f*** are Richmond doing?"

We'll see soon enough who's a better judge of talent. Francis or the officials.

FWIW I noted Dom Tyson was pretty pleased his Oakleigh team mate got picked up.