Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

Carter said:
Yep, yet another conservative upgrade.

We ain't goin anywhere with the likes of Arnot.

Agree not a lot of long term vision with this decision, if we picked him to protect Cotchin in the centre square tonight and round the stoppages it has some short term merit, one or two games. But would have much preferred to see Short given the nod we need a quick, aggressive, goal kicking small.

Don't mind Matty. His skill is very underrated in that he generally hits all his targets within 40m. Not even some of our best players are capable of that. Plus his hands and decision making in tight are very good, fierce tackler. Doesn't have the agility to be a small forward though as pointed out.

I've seen a few of his interviews and if he's given a role on ball I think his level will lift from what he's dishing up in the VFL. Just a feeling.

Horses for courses and as the conditions are going to suit strongly built ground level players this will suit Arnot and hopefully he will have Vince looking over his shoulder.

frawleyudud said:
Can't kick, can't mark, can't run, can't play but looks like he has a go. ::) ::)

Add can't jump and too short and it sounds like what some at Collingwood said about Tony Shaw, he went on to play 300 odd games!

Apparently some players play better in the seniors than the VFL

After 4 years on the list your time is now Matty, you have got an opportunity to secure your place in the starting 22 you will not get a better opportunity to do so,

I like the boy! Hope he slays em tomorrow!

We'll find out tonight if he's a Chocolate Royal.
Big and yummy looking but just air and marshamallow inside.
I'm hoping he's a Tim Tam - good until the last bite.
Go for it Bikkies.

poppa x said:
We'll find out tonight if he's a Chocolate Royal.
Big and yummy looking but just air and marshamallow inside.
I'm hoping he's a Tim Tam - good until the last bite.
Go for it Bikkies.
you didn't see him drop Rory Thompson?

Arnie is smelling Demon blood in the water :wavey Watts

It's no secret I don't rate him but I will celebrate everything he does well tonight all the same

I recall a game against the demons maybe 5-6 years ago when Hislop decided he was going to rough them up. He cost us goals with unnecessary over aggression and got reported from memory. I rate Arnot about the same as I rated Hislop and I am concerned he may go in the same direction. Having watched at Coburg and Richmond VFL he does have a tendency to get over aggressive and give away a lot of frees, certainly he did early on in his career.

I hope I am wrong and he leaves me with egg on my face.

Bowerpower said:
Arnie is smelling Demon blood in the water :wavey Watts

Please, please let Biscuits and Watts both go for a loose ball from opposite directions.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Please, please let Biscuits and Watts both go for a loose ball from opposite directions.
Nothing to see there, Watts would stop halfway, side step n pirouette then wave Bikkies through. Not a chance of the big sook putting his nose over a hard ball.

TigerMasochist said:
Nothing to see there, Watts would stop halfway, side step n pirouette then wave Bikkies through. Not a chance of the big sook putting his nose over a hard ball.

:hihi

And that's exactly why I would like to see it happen.

frawleyudud said:
Just a younger version of Matt Thomas. Another Dimma clone. Can't kick, can't mark, can't run, can't play but looks like he has a go. ::) ::)

Disagree. He can do all of the above. The problem has been he is a pure midfielder, not a forward. Give him a good run on the ball and he will do well