Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

I don't usually do this but, wasted upgrade, has no AFL skills that i can see

There's some magic about Arnott.
He can disappear on a footy field without a trace.

Mappa said:
I don't usually do this but, wasted upgrade, has no AFL skills that i can see

You missed that goal from the boundary line?

Plus he was underneath the packs with Miles all day - kid did alright - there were a lot of fair weather bruise free Tiger players out there tonight but Arnot was not one of them.......

7:27 to go in the 2nd quarter. Melbourne's much bigger and stronger midfield are just pushing our guys aside in centre clearances (except for Titch who is just dodging them) and they have just taken the lead. Arnott gets his 1st centre clearance chance. 2 good pressure acts and helps creates a secondary bounce which we go forward on and score. I thought great, they are including him in the centre rotations to add some physical pressure. Nope, that was it all night I think... back to big strong Grigg (hero of the vertical hug that counts as a tackle stat even though the opposition gets a clean possession every time) and the band of merry midgets getting pushed around.

He got 10 possessions, laid 6 "hard" tackles, not hugs (equal 3rd in the team) despite playing in the fwd line in a team that got its butts whipped and people expect him to do what?

The best part was watching him get told by Grigg to clear away from the around the ground clearances in the 3rd quarter to make space and then watching Melbourne waltz away with the ball with barely a hand placed in them.

He may never make it as many on here suggest, but any coaching team that picks him on a wet night to play against a big bodied midfield and then chooses to have him run around the HFF chasing guys like Salem while squibs play the inside role need to be questioned.

Surely, there is a better suited player in the squad for the type of role they are asking him to play.... stupidity.

Juffaricho said:
He may never make it as many on here suggest, but any coaching team that picks him on a wet night to play against a big bodied midfield and then chooses to have him run around the HFF chasing guys like Salem while squibs play the inside role need to be questioned.

Surely, there is a better suited player in the squad for the type of role they are asking him to play.... stupidity.

On a wet day, it was really poor coaching to play Arnot on a flank and Grigg on the inside.

Worst player since michael laffy and still suprised he is on list

diggler said:

Hey diggles is your caravan park dog friendly?

Juffaricho said:
7:27 to go in the 2nd quarter. Melbourne's much bigger and stronger midfield are just pushing our guys aside in centre clearances (except for Titch who is just dodging them) and they have just taken the lead. Arnott gets his 1st centre clearance chance. 2 good pressure acts and helps creates a secondary bounce which we go forward on and score. I thought great, they are including him in the centre rotations to add some physical pressure. Nope, that was it all night I think... back to big strong Grigg (hero of the vertical hug that counts as a tackle stat even though the opposition gets a clean possession every time) and the band of merry midgets getting pushed around.

He got 10 possessions, laid 6 "hard" tackles, not hugs (equal 3rd in the team) despite playing in the fwd line in a team that got its butts whipped and people expect him to do what?

The best part was watching him get told by Grigg to clear away from the around the ground clearances in the 3rd quarter to make space and then watching Melbourne waltz away with the ball with barely a hand placed in them.

Totally agree.

diggler said:

I never agree with your cowardly vulgar type but how this dud has made his way back is beyond belief. i still shudder watching Franklin win games of his own boot and the ferals laud the Griffith and Lloyd types.

Player of absalute crap quality, I should have my nuts torn off for mentioning quality on a arnott thread.

Juffaricho said:

Good post Juffa. Once again highlights the complete ineptitude of our senior coach and his band of merry losers.

Shaun Grigg in the centre clearances :rofl :rofl :rofl

What a *smile* joke!!

Geez some can be harsh, Biscuits only playing his 11 game, had 10 possies, 6 tackles and a goal.....
Melbourne under Roos play a high stoppage/contested game, why waste Arnot on Salem put him on ball for longer that a few mins cause with that strong body and willingness to hunt & tackle he will win more one on ones than most creating more clearance opportunities....

AstuteTiger said:
Geez some can be harsh, Biscuits only playing his 11 game, had 10 possies, 6 tackles and a goal.....
Melbourne under Roos play a high stoppage/contested game, why waste Arnot on Salem put him on ball for longer that a few mins cause with that strong body and willingness to hunt & tackle he will win more one on ones than most creating more clearance opportunities....

Sorry, built like a brick shi!house but woeful...

AstuteTiger said:
Yep, to eg paying out on this bloke when he had plenty of more experienced mates play worse or as bad is a bit rough. In fact I thought he was all right til HT.

Comical selection. Saw him two weeks ago at best and had totally written him off. Nothing has changed.

Juffaricho said:

spot on..i saw that and thought ..leave arnott in the midfield...put him on jones maybe.....and grog waves his bloody arms around..and goes into the centre clearances where is is utterly...so uterly..in effective..god help us overtime he goes into the clearances........arnott was ok last night and could of been used better

Yes high half forward he aint, defensive forward he aint, big bodied midfielder he may be? Slow with no AFL skills he definitely is.

Can pick out a couple of plays of any player to make a strong argument. Kicked a ripper goal and yeah a couple of super tackles but his disposal is woeful. 10 disposals 6 clangers. Yes he's only played a handful of games but that's cause he's not up to it. Give him a couple more games if we have to to prove once and for all but then male the hard decision at the end of the year.