Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

Arnie can play as the scrum-half tomorrow night. Let's hope we don't have to many knock-ons and can kick to touch accurately.....

Suburban footballer. Should not be on our list. Staggering decision to elevate him.

Never seen him play at VFL so I love the selection because every time he has played at AFL level he has impacted the contest while playing in an unsuitable role.
I hope he gets a genuine go as an inside mid tomorrow night and not as a defensive forward or any other unsuitable role.

In all honesty he probably gets 1 chance at an inside role (I doubt they will say we will play you for a month - no matter what) and with all the attention that comes with a Friday night match this one game could make or break his AFL career. Play well, and maybe another club gets interested if he can't break into our midfield consistently.

But we need big strong bodies over the contest so I hope he ives at the bottom of the packs and shoots out those handballs to the runners after using that deceptively quick sidestep he has.

Good luck Matt. This is the opportunity you have been waiting for.

Juffaricho said:
Never seen him play at VFL so I love the selection because every time he has played at AFL level he has impacted the contest while playing in an unsuitable role.
I hope he gets a genuine go as an inside mid tomorrow night and not as a defensive forward or any other unsuitable role.

In all honesty he probably gets 1 chance at an inside role (I doubt they will say we will play you for a month - no matter what) and with all the attention that comes with a Friday night match this one game could make or break his AFL career. Play well, and maybe another club gets interested if he can't break into our midfield consistently.

But we need big strong bodies over the contest so I hope he ives at the bottom of the packs and shoots out those handballs to the runners after using that deceptively quick sidestep he has.

Good luck Matt. This is the opportunity you have been waiting for.

Yep, totally agree Juffa. I reckon Arnie can do this and has a great chance against this type of team.

Smoking Aces said:
Suburban footballer. Should not be on our list. Staggering decision to elevate him.

Yep. Can't believe he was re-rookied.

Arnott is *smile*, he isn't good enough to star regularly at vfl level, barely cracks 20 pocessions ever in vfl, slow and average skills, should of never given such a talentless footballer a spot on our list, one reason our vfl struggles has guys like Arnott aren, t up to vfl level, let alone afl.

jokershoppe said:
Arnott is sh!t, he isn't good enough to star regularly at vfl level, barely cracks 20 pocessions ever in vfl, slow and average skills, should of never given such a talentless footballer a spot on our list, one reason our vfl struggles has guys like Arnott aren, t up to vfl level, let alone afl.

Stop on

I think arnot will surprise a few this week.

It's now or never for his career. Looks very fit

Popular selection then. :hihi

Leysy is with Juffa. If Matt is played predominantly on-ball he will make a great fist of things. Will impact contest after contest.

However if he's given Morris' forward role will struggle.

Tigermad2005 said:
I will eat my hate.

Look forward to seeing that. :hihi

Hopefully he's there just to bust heads because one thing I noticed last week watching the VFL is that when he tackles they stay tackled.
Thunda is bloody strong. He'll ragdoll Vince.

Leysy Days said:

Leysy is with Juffa. If Matt is played predominantly on-ball he will make a great fist of things. Will impact contest after contest.

quote]If he plays like Morris, ie. few to no possessions, gives away stupid free kicks etc, I wonder whether he will get dropped ?
Good luck Matt, I remember Hardwick talking you up when you were drafted, make it happen.

Just a younger version of Matt Thomas. Another Dimma clone. Can't kick, can't mark, can't run, can't play but looks like he has a go. ::) ::)

Leysy Days said:

I'm with Leysy and Juffa. Never really been given a great chance to make a go of things. In the past Dimma's preferred players like Petterd and Thomas.