Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

Why is it that as soon as any player gets a twinge we want then placed on LTI list and rookie player upgraded? Surely we have blokes like Lennon, Knights, Astbury, Conca & Dea ( both I know currently injured), Vickery, McBean, McDonough plus this years recruits that would be more ready to come in than blokes that the club has demoted (Arnot) or not had a preseason (Thomas) . We don't have to promote a rookie just because we can.

Robbo1 said:
Why is it that as soon as any player gets a twinge we want then placed on LTI list and rookie player upgraded? Surely we have blokes like Lennon, Knights, Astbury, Conca & Dea ( both I know currently injured), Vickery, McBean, McDonough plus this years recruits that would be more ready to come in than blokes that the club has demoted (Arnot) or not had a preseason (Thomas) . We don't have to promote a rookie just because we can.

You reckon being out for 3 months is a twinge? Someone's gotta be upgraded at least in Petterd's place.

Stylo said:
You reckon being out for 3 months is a twinge? Someone's gotta be upgraded at least in Petterd's place.
Ok I acknowledge its not just a twinge but why do we have to upgrade someone if they're not going to play. Only means we have to pay that person a senior list wages rather than rookie wage.

Mappa said:
No not saying that at all, Clearly saying Arnot for Morris gives us less as at least Morris gets to the contest, maybe if we were having a stationary arm wrestle Arnots would be a better choice.

If you think Morris getting to the contest a second or 2 late is getting to the contest!! Thats why he barely registered a tackle at the weekend as the ball was being disposed of before he even got to the contest.

mrposhman said:
If you think Morris getting to the contest a second or 2 late is getting to the contest!! Thats why he barely registered a tackle at the weekend as the ball was being disposed of before he even got to the contest.

read the post we were comparing Arnot and Morris only, nothing more, nothing less. But turn it into something its not by all means

Tigertough1974 said:
Yep saw that, i would personally prefer Short

Yep, yet another conservative upgrade.

We ain't goin anywhere with the likes of Arnot.

Carter said:
Yep, yet another conservative upgrade.

We ain't goin anywhere with the likes of Arnot.

I would have preferred Thomas over Arnot as he plays well in the wet as we enter winter... Im not a Thomas fan but he is a hard body accumulator that can play in the wet

After watching him last week, I'm staggered. Did not hit one target.

Tigers of Old said:
Certainly be from left field spook. Pure role play if he gets picked.
If he breaks Vince's ribs at the first bounce I guess it's ok.

Good luck to Biscuit
Play him in the guts let the wrecking ball loose on the Demons

Go get them Matt. Hope you play a hard, tough game And contributE to our win. Well done

We know Matt is tough enough but the doubt is at the skills level. He is in last chance saloon so I hope he plays a blinder and prove us doubters wrong.