Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

Mappa said:
If we all want change the only way to go is to promote skill and pace, so it has to be a Short or George Castagnia who aren't ready but better prospects than the other two.

Skill and pace, agreed.

Which is why Arnot ain't the answer.

Cannot believe people are actually mentioning Thomas' name as a possibility!!! I mean really!!! How many suburban footballers do we need in our starting side?

Can almost guarantee you though that he will be the first elevated for Pettered. Dimma loves his one paced, unskillfull battlers.

Stylo said:
I'd certainly like to see him given a shot at Morris' role

Leysy thinks Arnot has some ability, but it is only as a midfielder.

His skillset/size simply doesn't translate to any other role.

There is no point promoting a Rookie if our Coach will not consider selecting him for the Seniors.

Leysy Days said:

How do you rate his hands in tight Leysy ? He has seemed a bit fumbly an excusion slow to me

If Arnott is elevated it must be to play predominately as a midfielder.
If Dimma is looking to elevate a rookie to play as a forward look no further than Short
As for Thomas if he gets elevated Dimma will soon be looking for a new job

CC TIGER said:
How do you rate his hands in tight Leysy ? He has seemed a bit fumbly an excusion slow to me

Na, no issue with his hands at all.

Love how he impacts nearly every contest he gets to. Great trait. Can find it in tight and use it well.

The issue he has is his genetics. His lack of pace over a distance (over 5m its fine), leap and height mean he can't play anywhere else but through the middle.

Means he's probably battling Miles for a gig in the one's.

frawleyudud said:
Cannot believe people are actually mentioning Thomas' name as a possibility!!! I mean really!!! How many suburban footballers do we need in our starting side?

Can almost guarantee you though that he will be the first elevated for Pettered. Dimma loves his one paced, unskillfull battlers.
Sadly I think you could be right there. I don't think Arnott will make it, either, but he's not in the inner circle and Thomas is.

Leysy Days said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but he can't be any less of a natural forward than Morris. He's a better kick at least...

Mappa said:
If we all want change the only way to go is to promote skill and pace, so it has to be a Short or George Castagnia who aren't ready but better prospects than the other two.
Agree Mappa, id go with Short

casper68 said:
There is no point promoting a Rookie if our Coach will not consider selecting him for the Seniors.

does Thomas, Miles, Lambert ring a bell?? All rookie listed and promoted, all played in last 3 years...

Funny how the coach is the evil of all evils..

crackertiger said:
Posters like you really annoy me. Thomas's form in the VFL has been frankly crap! Pettard's form was crap! Gordon's form was crap!

Gordon and Pettard played for Richmond this week and HOW DID THEY GO????????????????

Arnot's VFL form has been miles ahead of all of these players. That's the trouble with Damien's coaching, he plays favorites that have done nothing to earn a game. If Thomas gets a game it will be further evidence that Damien has to go!

Funny. Posters like you make me laugh.

All Arnot has shown is that he's a barely competent VFL player, who wouldn't be on a list if it wasn't for Richmond. Given his past attitude, he's incredibly lucky to be given yet another crack.

Matt Thomas was actually serviceable at AFL level when it was wet.

Get your blinkers off and stop being sucked in by this utterly perplexing 'Arnot Farce' narrative. He's not Jake King, he's a bog standard VFL footballer.

Having said that, get Short in over Thomas, Arnot and Costanza.

Interesting to note that Ellis is already displaying numbers over and above Arnot on no preseason. In saying that I don't believe we would lose anything playing Arnot in Morro's role on the forward line.

wigglyworm said:
Interesting to note that Ellis is already displaying numbers over and above Arnot on no preseason. In saying that I don't believe we would lose anything playing Arnot in Morro's role on the forward line.

Speed and ability to repeatedly get to the contests is what we would miss.

Mappa said:
Speed and ability to repeatedly get to the contests is what we would miss.

Are you saying that Morris is having an impact on games ? :headscratch

No not saying that at all, Clearly saying Arnot for Morris gives us less as at least Morris gets to the contest, maybe if we were having a stationary arm wrestle Arnots would be a better choice.

Arnott's not a back pocket or a forward pocket, he's a centreman - he plays in the pivot or nowhere.

Mappa said:
No not saying that at all, Clearly saying Arnot for Morris gives us less as at least Morris gets to the contest, maybe if we were having a stationary arm wrestle Arnots would be a better choice.

Morris gets to a contest and does what?