Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Time to elevate Arnot?

Just read on the RFC website that Petterd and Lambert will be out for an extended time due to injury. Surely now the club will elevate Arnot and see what he can give us for a few weeks?

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

Christ, I hope not. I'd almost rather see Matt Thomas, with wet weather footy approaching.

Sounds like both may be put on the LTIL so it's definitely plausible. If that's the case I'd like to see him and Short both elevated as both can add something to our squad right now. Hell, even Thomas would be handy.

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:
I'd like to see Short upgraded to the senior list. Good skills and foot speed.
I agree. Played well on the weekend. I think he has got "it".

thomas...no no no no..NO MORE players who cannot kick,

short was fabulous from i saw in the reserves second half..lively little forward'
and bring in arnott for sure

Probably time to give Arnot some extended time and see if he has what it takes. I'm not confident but I think if they're performing relatively well at VFL level and you decide to keep them in their 20s (now 21) you gotta bite the bullet. Players of his type who have been in the system into their 4th year, you usually know if they're going to make it or not by now.

Bring in the biscuit for sure. Another player who has been given very little opportunity by the master coach. Go get em Matt.

St Kevin said:
Christ, I hope not. I'd almost rather see Matt Thomas, with wet weather footy approaching.

Posters like you really annoy me. Thomas's form in the VFL has been frankly crap! Pettard's form was crap! Gordon's form was crap!

Gordon and Pettard played for Richmond this week and HOW DID THEY GO????????????????

Arnot's VFL form has been miles ahead of all of these players. That's the trouble with Damien's coaching, he plays favorites that have done nothing to earn a game. If Thomas gets a game it will be further evidence that Damien has to go!

I watched the vfl on the weekend and don't see any rookies close to a senior spot at this stage

No.

The fact he is still on the list is a good indication that we are still not prepared to make a tough call.

He was not good enough in 2013 and was lucky to get another year. 12 months later he was no better, and instead of delisting him, we clogged up the list for another 12 months.

That rookie spot may seem trivial, but its a wasted opportunity to potentially find an AFL player. We used it on a VFL one.

DragicevicFan said:
No.

The fact he is still on the list is a good indication that we are still not prepared to make a tough call.

He was not good enough in 2013 and was lucky to get another year. 12 months later he was no better, and instead of delisting him, we clogged up the list for another 12 months.

That rookie spot may seem trivial, but its a wasted opportunity to potentially find an AFL player. We used it on a VFL one.

How do you rate him compared to Morris?

Someone on here suggested time in the backline on the smalls - too slow?
Maybe, but they - blokes like Betts - wouldnt want tonget nailed by him.
I think he delivers the ball ok. Would be his last chance - 6 weeks as a small defender like Harbrow

I'd certainly like to see him given a shot at Morris' role

Stylo said:
I'd certainly like to see him given a shot at Morris' role

Will spend the week watching youtube videos of chickens.

he is hard at it, something we certainly lacked on the weekend

i say give him a go

If we all want change the only way to go is to promote skill and pace, so it has to be a Short or George Castagnia who aren't ready but better prospects than the other two.