Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Arnot is the youngest on our list.

Just turned 18 less than a month ago.

SCOOP said:
Actually, on only on highlights, (I have no knowledge at all of this boy) he reminds me of Josh Caddy.

The right type for what we need.
Another Josh for me: Carr.

SAF said:
There is a big different bewteen starring in one VFL game and being a top line AFL player.

True. We should only draft players who have proven themselves at AFL level.

mld said:
True. We should only draft players who have proven themselves at AFL level.

Good idea, while we at it why not just close down the club and give our licence back to the AFL. Seriously, I was trying to say that it doesn't mean he is going to make it at AFL level just because he played one good game at VFL level, there are more important criteria young players should evaluated against. What you are saying is just stupid.

SAF said:
Good idea, while we at it why not just close down the club and give our licence back to the AFL. Seriously, I was trying to say that it doesn't mean he is going to make it at AFL level just because he played one good game at VFL level, there are more important criteria young players should evaluated against. What you are saying is just stupid.
And no one said he will be a 200 game brownlow medalist.

I just posted that to give you guys an insight on what opposition supporters think of the kid even if its based on 1 VFL game.

SAF said:

Just seems a weird comment to make; of course form at lower levels may not translate to form at AFL level; this applies to all players and I haven't seen anyone suggest otherwise. Taking your comment to its logical conclusion leads to my comment; I guess that's where the stupidity you see in mine comes from.

mld said:
Just seems a weird comment to make; of course form at lower levels may not translate to form at AFL level; this applies to all players and I haven't seen anyone suggest otherwise. Taking your comment to its logical conclusion leads to my comment; I guess that's where the stupidity you see in mine comes from.

There is a hell of a lot more "Captain Obvious" posts on here than what I said that don't get any ridicule. I was only responding to the quote from a BF poster who was making it sound as though Arnot was to be the best late pick of this draft based on one VFL game he saw which I thought was a bit over the top.

Anyway this whole interaction is reminding me why I come on PRE less and less these days, like so many others before me I think I'll just logoff here and spend my time more wisely.

SAF said:
There is a hell of a lot more "Captain Obvious" posts on here than what I said that don't get any ridicule. I was only responding to the quote from a BF poster who was making it sound as though Arnot was to be the best late pick of this draft based on one VFL game he saw which I thought was a bit over the top.

Anyway this whole interaction is reminding me why I come on PRE less and less these days, like so many others before me I think I'll just logoff here and spend my time more wisely.
Agree, it's tough when there's so many smug, condescending know it alls on here SAF.

Congrats to The Biscuit. ;D

Is he a crumber?

Welcome to Tigerland Matthew Arnot.
:beer

spook said:
Another Josh for me: Carr.

Good call this one.
He is - on his highlight's video - hyper competitive and desperate to win.

Arnot and Helbig are going to be mad men in the guts for us for years to come. ;D

Like the sound of this kid. Good late get I reckon . Proof wil lbe in the future pudding but like the sound of it. Certainly excites more than Adam Maric would have.

SAF said:

You'll be sorely missed. How is Claws anyway?

tigs2010 said:
Arnot and Helbig are going to be mad men in the guts for us for years to come. ;D

Hopefully not as mad as running around in circles.

GoodOne said:
Hopefully not as mad as running around in circles.

:hihi

I've seen Arnot play. He looks the goods. But obviously stands out because he isn't a stick. Presuming he slipped due to being so one-sided. Helbig is a bit of a psycho on the field (within the rules). Hasn't shown much in his AFL games. Heard he did a bit in the NAB Cup though. Needs the self belief to unleash it in the big time.

Ghost of 29 said:
Welcome Matt.

His highlight clip looks awesome, but he slipped to 55 in a supposed weak draft..why??

For me his positives - athletic, good skills, intensity, strong build, has played against men and done well (see post prior of his Port game)

Would have preferred a bit more height, but you can't have everything.

Love the intensity... we may have found someone who actually likes to put on a shepherd... with dusty's 'don't argues' and biscuits bustle we could start to have quite a bruising midfield!