Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

uhuh uhuh said:
Matt Arnot was one of the fastest at the club in time trials - Both he and Ellis ahead of Matt White.

Arnot is quick. 20yo.

btoz_01 said:
[size=36pt][size=36pt]MEGA FARCE MEGA FARCE]

Bright lights was all it needed. Farce.

Ripplestick said:
due to achilles injury.
I wonder if Arnot nobbled him. Bad luck for Thomas, but overall good news. Either he or O'Hanlon will be the sub, can't sub them both, unless is subbed out for the other.

CarnTheTiges said:
I wonder if Arnot nobbled him. Bad luck for Thomas, but overall good news. Either he or O'Hanlon will be the sub, can't sub them both, unless is subbed out for the other.
Good point, one will get subbed for the other then they can both get dropped next week because they didn't impact enough.........

Here's hoping Arnie tears Brissy a new one.

CarnTheTiges said:

As O'H is playing (presumably as mid/forward......we hope!), I'd prefer Petterd or Shank as sub.

Brodders17 said:
i thought it might have been due to PREssure.

We are the secret service. Do as we say. ;D

TigerForce said:
As O'H is playing (presumably as mid/forward......we hope!), I'd prefer Petterd or Shank as sub.
So would I. Petterd was sub last week. However what we'd prefer and what they do are very often different things.

Juffaricho said:
No one likes players to get injured so I am hoping that Matt Thomas or Nathan Foley get a bad case of the sniffles overnight.
I want to see this kid get extended game time in the middle of the ground at AFL level against these crappier teams we are going to be playing.

:eek: Those nasty "sniffles".

tigertim said:
Good point, one will get subbed for the other then they can both get dropped next week because they didn't impact enough.........
::)

Spent very little time in the middle I believe. Touches in a forward pocket role aren't particularly easy to come by for anyone. We need to give the guy some time in the middle to see his worth.

BT Tiger said:
He had 8 (?) touches in 3 quarters of footy. Not particularly impressive, but I would like to see him get 3 or 4 games in a row.
Yep, hardly sort the world on fire but got a goal. (Edit: 8 touches and 1 goal in 59% game time.)

It's this type of decision that stifles the development of our kids. Get a game or 2 then get dropped. Get a game but get subbed because you're not doing enough whilst many other "name" players are impervious.

Like seeing a young inside mid get a game.
Dislike seeing him play out of position in a fwd pocket.
Until they play him for a stretch of time in the middle his fwd pocket form means nothing.

we are using our kids as insurance for when our stars get injured or suspended. don't worry about developing them and building their confidence and integrating them into the team. It's all about the stars.

Harry said:
we are using our kids as insurance for when our stars get injured or suspended. don't worry about developing them and building their confidence and integrating them into the team. It's all about the stars.
I share your cynicism. If the club just gave some of the younger guys a go, they might unearth one or two that would be better long term options than some of the recycled or too old players for a start.

Irrespective of the criticism or apparent deficiencies, just keep playing Arnot for the rest of the season.

Had no hope of impacting where he was played. Simply doesn't have the physical attributes to play a leadup or crumbing forward role.

He is a midfielder swapping with half-forward & nothing else. But he is a bloody good one and we need some young guys to make an impact in there.

But we may as well not play him if we're going to use him like we do.

Juffaricho said:
Like seeing a young inside mid get a game.
Dislike seeing him play out of position in a fwd pocket.
Until they play him for a stretch of time in the middle his fwd pocket form means nothing.
Arnott could not run a game out playing midfield in the seniors. His fitness is not up to AFL standard and I think it makes it hard to play him.