Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

line through his name. Dimma can't delist his favourites so the likes of arnot, helbig, ohanlon are waiting in the departure lounge waiting to board.

Harry said:
line through his name. Dimma can't delist his favourites so the likes of arnot, helbig, ohanlon are waiting in the departure lounge waiting to board.

I think you're right re O'Hanlon and Helbig, but if we are going to cut Arnot I hope we rookie him. Not as big a fan of Biccies as some, but I think there is a role for him somewhere.

If we are waiting for players of his and helibigs quality to come in, we might else shut shop.

He is better than Thomas.

Why is Thomas getting a game over him?

Did he bruise one too many team mates at training,?

This kid is an animal, make him a tagger that will put fear in the hearts of his victims, honestly the match committee at RFC have NFI what they are doing.

I'm not convinced Arnot will make it, but I am convinced the club has *smile* his development.
He had genuine form momentum into his debut game against the Saints last year, played very well with considerable forward pressure acts and high tackle count, and was promptly dropped the following week.
(The fact that he was dropped for Vlaustin returning prematurely from injury was a classic Hardwick stuff-up. Vlaustin wasn't ready to come back, but was rushed straight into the 1's and played poorly.)
Supercoach kills Arnot's momentum stone dead; back to square one.
Since then its been the occasional In, and if Arnot plays sub-par, a swift dropping back to the 2's.
What Supercoach should have done is rewarded him for his fine debut game, and given him a further run of 2-3 games in succession, to get his confidence up and familiarise himself with the big time.
And that's what he should be doing between now and the rest of the year with not just Arnot, but also...
Helbig (for Morris - get that shoulder done for chrissakes!)
O'Hanlon (for Pettard - swapping helicopter mongrels for 50+ kicks to targets) and
Elton for Vickery (Elton will get front position and not cheat).
Give them all 3-4 games and tell them they wont be dropped; just go for it.
But Hardwick does the opposite of the sensible vision thing and is just coaching with a narrow focus on his own self imo.
Keeps giving games to his mediocre favourites that have got us to where we are, rather than trialling the kids now that finals are out of reach.
If we had some genuine leaders at Richmond, Hardwick's nonsensical approach would simply not be tolerated.
But they all think this is just a "speed bump". OMG.

And IIRC there were other options that could have made way for Vlastuin after that Saints game, but no we drop the easy target. If there area few changes made at the end of the season it's looking like they'll delist people like Arnot, Helbig and O'Hanlon without really giving them much of a chance, and then what happens when players are injured or not up to it and we don't have mature bodied replacements? Incredibly short sighted selection and coaching.

CarnTheTiges said:
And IIRC there were other options that could have made way for Vlastuin after that Saints game, but no we drop the easy target. If there area few changes made at the end of the season it's looking like they'll delist people like Arnot, Helbig and O'Hanlon without really giving them much of a chance, and then what happens when players are injured or not up to it and we don't have mature bodied replacements? Incredibly short sighted selection and coaching.
Dropping the easy targets has been going on all season: Stephenson, Arnott, Griffiths, Lloyd, Gordon to name some. And when the golden childs eg Ty, Thomas, Petterd, Hampy, are dropped they don't have to perform in the VFL to get promoted. Newy gets a golden ticket too. But I guess life and footy clubs have been like this for years: rules for some and rules for others.

tigertim said:
. Newy gets a golden ticket too.

Jack did say it was like Charlie and the choclate factory at Punt Road and Hardwick was Willy Wonka.

Weird, Hardwick actually loves Arnot, and thinks he plays a bit the way Dimma did himself.
Not sure why people think he's not one of the faves.

The_General said:
Weird, Hardwick actually loves Arnot, and thinks he plays a bit the way Dimma did himself.
Not sure why people think he's not one of the faves.

Maybe because hes only been selected in 3 of our 15 games so far

se7en said:
Jack did say it was like Charlie and the choclate factory at Punt Road and Hardwick was Willy Wonka.

Yeah but he's since learnt its not after he knelt down to take a sneaky handful of the chocolate in the chocolate stream only to learn Punt Rd is a sewerage treatment plant.

Obviously 30 disposals and 6 tackles is not enough to break into the 1sts. Been pretty consistent for a few matches now but not promoted so is his card marked?