Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Feedback is he is working on his defensive side of his game. Maybe he's out until he picks some stuff up there?

Leysy Days said:
Matt Thomas ahead of Arnot.

Leysy is calling a farce.

Anyone in?

you have to shake your head at this club sometimes. I can just see it now - Arnot gets delisted at the end of the year and Thomas gets drafted onto the main list at the national draft. no balls to back in a player that's 50 50 chance to make it - would rather persist with a known known - an average limited player.

It's beyond a farce, it's an outrage.

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.

You've been warned, Dimma.

jokershoppe said:
What are his weapons
From what I've seen, I'd say - hard at the ball; good contested ball winner & good mark for his size. Has reasonable speed but not electric. Seems to be able to go all day though.

Weaknesses are his kicking can be a little off although his action is ok. Probably not creative enough yet, although that could come in time. Really needs to be given some more AFL opportunity.

No one likes players to get injured so I am hoping that Matt Thomas or Nathan Foley get a bad case of the sniffles overnight.
I want to see this kid get extended game time in the middle of the ground at AFL level against these crappier teams we are going to be playing.

Harry said:
you have to shake your head at this club sometimes. I can just see it now - Arnot gets delisted at the end of the year and Thomas gets drafted onto the main list at the national draft. no balls to back in a player that's 50 50 chance to make it - would rather persist with a known known - an average limited player.
That is exactly what will happen Harry. If it's not Arnot it will be Helbig, but sure as eggs are eggs Thomas will be on the list next year.

Matt Arnot was one of the fastest at the club in time trials - Both he and Ellis ahead of Matt White.

Wadda ya recon Port will pick Arnot and somehow get the best out of him??

Leysy Days said:

Anyone in?

I am allowed to be in ? I am allowed to disagree? Baloo has made this so confusing.

(Agree times a thousand)

Leysy Days said:

Anyone in?

For sure. Have watched 4 VFL games this year (last one was about a month ago though) and based on what I saw I'd have Arnott, Helbig and Elton playing (though it appears Elton's output has dipped last couple of weeks) especially taking into consideration where our season is at.

His ability to impact the contest is his biggest strength. We desperately need more of his type in the team.

Would swap Jackson and Thomas for Arnott and Helbig.

Leysy Days said:

Anyone in?

[size=36pt][size=36pt]MEGA FARCE MEGA FARCE]

will end up getting picked up by another club and be a clearance :star

vinpaul said:
His ability to impact the contest is his biggest strength.

Quoted for truth. This is indeed biggest strength and its a great one, yet underrated one.

Leysy Days said:
Quoted for truth. This is indeed biggest strength and its a great one, yet underrated one.

No doubt, something happens when he's near the ball. Wants to be involved. Makes the opposition look out for him. Uses his strength and body as a huge asset as he should. If he does not win the ball he will tackle, bump, shepherd, yell out to his teamates, yell at the opposition.....anything

I can't use this farce word in a comical sense anymore. This club's match committee have become more stricter than Hitler.

As some have posted re: Elton to 'star' or 'impact' in a VFL game to get in the 1sts. How much more does Arnie need to show??

Even to see A Edwards as emergency is bad enough.

not only a farce but shows our match commitee to be a sick joke. Arnot burning it up in the VFL and not rewarded. Will probably be delisted at end of year also. will find a new home no problems. Dumb club.