Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

like for like with tuck. work horse tough and shiet disposal... if he can clear like tuck I'm sold

WesternTiger said:
29 disposal today and 16 contested. Also kicked 1.

Arnott is no good along with Helibig, ohanlon and the rest sitting in the 2nds.
We have a over load of footy battlers and his one

End the
[size=18pt]FARCE
Once again one of the best in the VFL side
We could do with his hardness couldn't we Dimm as ?

zippadeee said:
yep too Many ok types. Watching the doggies game they have us covered for talent and potential .

Another great performance by Arnot 30 possessions and one of our best today in our VFL side
FFS Drop Thomas in Arnot

[size=24pt]End the FARCE

clown said:
yep too Many ok types. Watching the doggies game they have us covered for talent and potential .

Doggies are a bunch of 2's players, like B Goodes and Ayce. In the 1's, they are going nowhere. Aside from Liber their best players are still their old blokes.

zippadeee said:
Is he less no good than Thomas?

The group of 'Best players' is always subjective
You might think Cotchin was BOG yesterday due to 5 goals but Vlastuin had a few assists and may have shut down their best midfielder. The Coach knows who couldn't or didn't follow the game plan and that makes the B&F a good guide

DirtyDogTiger said:
Clarke said Arnott was good but not scintillating
No, but Hampson, Vickery, Newman get picked for AFL after either no VFL games or not "scintillating" VFL games.....

Come on Dimma, just play this guy for the rest of the year in the seniors.
He has some key elements that our senior side desperately need.

Has a way to go on his journey but has a better overall game that Thomas as he tackles hard and does create. Deserves a go to see if he can cut it at AFL and I don't mean a token game but a run. The re-tread Thomas is not our answer so give a youngster a change to shine

UKTiger said:
Has a way to go on his journey but has a better overall game that Thomas as he tackles hard and does create. Deserves a go to see if he can cut it at AFL and I don't mean a token game but a run. The re-tread Thomas is not our answer so give a youngster a change to shine

I don't know why I just get a feeling from Arnott that he will be a leader if given a go. Not silky skills but will really give the side an edge. But only as you say if he is brought in and left in for the remainder of the season. Selwoods kicking was always the knock on him, but his determination and endeavour, what I see in Arnott, were never questioned.

Typical form to see the Ministry of Propaganda already come out and say Arnot's game wasn't 'scintillating'. For the last month Arnot, Helbig, OHanlon etc continually get 20 touches and are told not enough. He now gets 30 and they find a new way to lay groundwork for another pea-hearted week at selection table.

Meanwhile our reigning Jack Dyer medallist only gets 21 touches at VFL level.

Our player development is a joke.

UKTiger said:

He is a much better kick than Thomas, which says a bit about Thomas. Arnot is actually not a bad kick