Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

DirtyDogTiger said:
There is no debate. The kids a jet
I'm putting in to be his prez next year
While Jake is making angry faces, grabbing blokes jumpers and limping about - Matty is running through blokes sending them to the hospital and kicking goals

:hihi hope so DDT

Streak said:
Yes, it is for where the team is heading (finalist and looking to go top 4).

Guns: Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Jackson
Potential Guns: Conca, Ellis, Vlaustin, New Gun First Round Draft Pick
Gun if he gets back to fitness: Foley
Valuable contributers: Grigg, S Edwards, Houli (if needed)
Young Un's" Arnot, Madonna, McBean (obviously can play anywhere ;)), Helbig

Not really wafer thin but not double coated chocolate either!
Plenty of upside & not real old either.

Think he will be a big star once he learns to steady in front of goal. Just needs to adjust to the pace of the game and inject himself at the right moment. Wins ball in contests and breaks tackles= big future.

Biscuit has shown some good signs, he's definitely a keeper for now. Cant wait to see him play more games nest season, even if it's running around in our VFL team.

If he gets a good preseason and curbs his occasional hot temper that lead to brain fade I can see a good season in the 1sts for Matty. He has the potential to be a very good worker bee.

DirtyDogTiger said:
While Jake is making angry faces, grabbing blokes jumpers and limping about - Matty is running through blokes sending them to the hospital and kicking goals

Aaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm all hepped up on goofballs.

DirtyDogTiger said:

Kicking goals? How many goals has he kicked, he's only played 4 games.

I like that he wants to be the fittest at the club. He'll have to shed some muscle to do it but he almost looked too muscly for an AFL player last season.

And he'll keep that rump nice and big so Leysy will be happy.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
I like that he wants to be the fittest at the club. He'll have to shed some muscle to do it but he almost looked too muscly for an AFL player last season.

Funnily enouigh I thought that too. Reminded me a bit of John Howat.

I liked what I saw of Arnot in 2013 when he played in the ones.

Some posters who saw him play in the 2s said that he strutted a bit too much and was too intent on the man (or words along those lines). However, I didn't see those flaws in his 4 games in the ones.

I've been watching the 2013 games as they come up on Fox footy, it's amazing how often Matty genuinely hurts people, we all saw and enjoyed his impact (literally) in the Gold Coast match, but if you get the chance watch the Saints game again, he is a weapon!

linuscambridge said:
I've been watching the 2013 games as they come up on Fox footy, it's amazing how often Matty genuinely hurts people, we all saw and enjoyed his impact (literally) in the Gold Coast match, but if you get the chance watch the Saints game again, he is a weapon!

yes. power is a real asset in contact sports. One day the AFL will catch on. ;)

T-Shirt Tommy said:

And he'll keep that rump nice and big so Leysy will be happy.

The club noted he was too big and as such he gym work was more circuit training rather than pure strength work. If you look at his build he definitely didn't get any bigger this year and by the end of the year was look quite lean. But his body shape is that of a tank as opposed to a greyhound and will always be such.