Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Yeh, absolutely love this ....

“I want to be like a battering ram. You go in, smash out two blokes, win the ball, and get it out to someone like Deledio or Cotchin."

You won't want to get in the way of Biscuits when he is truly up and about - no way known

Love his brutality. When he tackles he hurts opposition players. Was surprised with the run he had when his did play so will definitely be hoping he can come in and cement a spot next year. Great attitude.

Six Shirts and a Suit said:
Yeh, absolutely love this ....

“I want to be like a battering ram. You go in, smash out two blokes, win the ball, and get it out to someone like Deledio or Cotchin."

You won't want to get in the way of Biscuits when he is truly up and about - no way known
he did smash the suns player.

I have had doubts about Arnot but if his his dedication to get better matches his words then he will make it. Very impressive interview

spook said:
And a merkin.

What about a tattoo of a merkin, on his neck?

Seriously such an impressive kid. Speaks like he's really put a lot of thought into how he's going to carve out his career. He knows what he has to do to fit into the team, and is aware of his deficiencies. Bit of a gem.

Could he be FJ's elusive first diamond in the rough?

Totally genuine. Great interview. We have one here with a burning ambition... good luck to him for 2014 as a break out year. I would have loved to have had him in the second half against the blues!

KnightersRevenge said:
...and the gibblets?

If we're talking about Carr's gibblets I'm sure the tatooist would throw em in for free

Not much extra ink ;)

Agree - a cracking interview. Must be part of the reason they took the risk with him.

Maybe he could mentor Grigg?

yep a very impressive interview

very driven, knows how he can fit into the team, and will work 100% toward that outcome

My only knock on his play at Coburg was some ill-disciplined acts and his kicking disposal effeciency was poor

ICE said:

very driven, knows how he can fit into the team, and will work 100% toward that outcome

My only knock on his play at Coburg was some ill-disciplined acts and his kicking disposal effeciency was poor
Yeah but if he trains at Richmond he is training with some good players and by good coaches so that should improve his discipline on field by example and ethos. He has had a taste of AFL, likes it and knows what it will take to be a success at Richmond. I expect him to succeed

ICE said:

I agree with his disposal efficiency at Coburg but this problem didn't surface at senior level which probably indicates his skills are fine. The issue at Coburg probably came about more from decision making because of a lack of game structure. When a player takes possession and someone is waiting to receive in the right spot, things start falling into place.

I like this kid, and hope that he and Helbig make big steps next year. Neither have had much luck with injury.