Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Not too fuss if he stays or go.
Good kick for goal, maybe try him a forward pocket.

Yeah he will work out ok i think. Another pre season and we see what the kid can do

se7en said:
Not too fuss if he stays or go.
Good kick for goal, maybe try him a forward pocket.

A recall from posts prior to his season end he was being wrapped as a long term proposition, A bit fickle

Gazmatron said:
A recall from posts prior to his season end he was being wrapped as a long term proposition, A bit fickle

Hope he comes on. Think helbig has more chance to make it to be honest.

I was pretty impressed when he finsihed 3rd in the tan run last year - for someone who has a lot of size that was pretty decent effort. Hopefully another big preseason will have him pushing for regular games.

Geez, must stay. Showed heaps. Averaged one less touch than "must stay" Matty White.

Carter said:
Hope he comes on. Think helbig has more chance to make it to be honest.

Reckon Biscuits has made a much greater impact in his few games than Helbig ever has. Don't see what the fuss is over Helbig. Any time he played seniors he hardly got near it.

Happy for him to stay on the list but IMO Biscuits is miles ahead of him.

SCOOP said:
Geez, must stay. Showed heaps. Averaged one less touch than "must stay" Matty White.

Agree totally. He has shown more than enough to warrant his spot on the list. He has some attributes that are very rare at RFC. Built like a brick shithouse and doesn't mind using the body to hurt opposition players. That bump on the much bigger Rory Thompson was tremendous. The Biscuit is a keeper for now and I look forward to seeing him progress next year. Talk of delisting or trading him is ludicrous.

Just wish Grigg had 10% of the mongrel in him that the Biscuit has.

Ridley said:
Reckon Biscuits has made a much greater impact in his few games than Helbig ever has. Don't see what the fuss is over Helbig. Any time he played seniors he hardly got near it.

Happy for him to stay on the list but IMO Biscuits is miles ahead of him.

Agree with all of that.

Really looking forward to seeing Arnot next year. Has a some good attributes to work with. Andy Collins will enjoy working with him I reckon.

The fact that Arnott and Knights walk straight into our best 22 is a huge plus
They are virtual recruits despite their cameos last year

If we can get a midfielder and a reliable forward goal sneak (trade or free agency) then we are set to challenge for top 4 next year - of course our first rounder - Freeman? - might fill a position as the year unfolds.

He hardly got a run and when he did he took his chances. The fact he used his physicality to impose himself is a major asset as we do not really have anyone else who does that, and as seen last Sunday we are the ones that get imposed upon by the like of Robinson et al. So imo I want to see more of him next year and I would like to see him in a crunch game and see if he is able to shake up the opposition to our advantage without stepping over the line. Imagine Biscuits sitting Selwood on his arse, CRUNCH....

Good interview on rfc web , extremley confident , trying to model his game on Sam Mitchell .Expecting good improvement from him .