Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Matthew Arnot

I noticed it on TV and you can see it in todays Hun poster..........this guy has been hitting the gym HARD! His arms are bleedin massive!

agincourt said:
I noticed it on TV and you can see it in todays Hun poster..........this guy has been hitting the gym HARD! His arms are bleedin massive!

Seen him play essendon and thought he was damn big, especially for his age, but wondering if he might be too big for AFL.

Tigers of Old said:
Positive signs for Grimes

By Tony Greenberg
Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au 4:40pm AEDT Monday, March 18, 2013

Richmond-listed players Matt Arnot, Chris Knights and Orren Stephenson were standouts for Coburg in its 11-point win against Werribee.

“Matt Arnot (12 kicks, 16 handballs, five marks, one goal) was one of the best players on the ground with huge contested possession numbers and great run and carry from contests,” Clarke said.

“His tackling and body work was a huge factor in the team winning the game. He kicked a superb goal from the centre bounce in the last quarter, which put the team in a better position to win .
. .

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-18/positive-signs-for-grimes-.workstation

Might have a player coming through here. Good times.

With our centre clearances being deplorable does this guy offer a short term solution until Foley is ready?
I wonder whether he could play on young Libba next week who is proving to be an excellent clearance player.
I understand why we upgraded Stephenson and Petterd but I really felt that Lonergan offered clearance coverage for Foley that we desperately needed.
When they decided against him (before his injury) I assumed it meant they thought Arnot could help if needed and based on our first 2 games we need some centre clearance help.
Is little Biscuits ready?

Juffaricho said:
With our centre clearances being deplorable does this guy offer a short term solution until Foley is ready?
I wonder whether he could play on young Libba next week who is proving to be an excellent clearance player.
I understand why we upgraded Stephenson and Petterd but I really felt that Lonergan offered clearance coverage for Foley that we desperately needed.
When they decided against him (before his injury) I assumed it meant they thought Arnot could help if needed and based on our first 2 games we need some centre clearance help.
Is little Biscuits ready?

Bring him in and drop Grigg.

Juffaricho said:
With our centre clearances being deplorable
Last week we had the most centre clearances of any team - 18 - and scored 5 goals 4 from them, a score 50% of the time. It was much worse tonight admittedly.

spook said:
Last week we had the most centre clearances of any team - 18 - and scored 5 goals 4 from them, a score 50% of the time. It was much worse tonight admittedly.
Yes fair point - I should have stated our last 6 quarters have been deplorable.

DirtyDogTiger said:
He isn't playing tomorrow - 1 match suspension

Oh great... so that was a waste of 5 minutes I won't get back. ;)

Looks like more of Grigg and Lids (our wingers) chipping in and playing in and under mid roles ::)

Had a poor one on the weekend.
Looked like he did not want to be out there.
Hope i'm wrong but i don't think he will ever play for us.

Tigermad2005 said:
Had a poor one on the weekend.
Looked like he did not want to be out there.
Hope i'm wrong but i don't think he will ever play for us.
I was equally unimpressed and disappointed. Went to bump several times when she should have gone in for the pill.
Needs to curb his aggression at the man, it's not toughness by the way, and concerntrate on his football. Seemed to display attitude issues on the weekend which I hadn't noticed before.

Tiger68 said:
I was equally unimpressed and disappointed. Went to bump several times when she should have gone in for the pill.
Needs to curb his aggression at the man, it's not toughness by the way, and concerntrate on his football. Seemed to display attitude issues on the weekend which I had noticed before.

The biggest thing I noticed he had 4 or 5 handballs that went no where near the target.
I reckon he can turn it around though, has the hunger to get the ball and that's a very good asset.

Looking forward to Matt coming back next season.

Love his manic approach at the footy.

Would have been handy last Saturday.