Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Matthew Arnot

Vlastuin has an interesting quote in one of the papers today. He and Arnot discussed playing senior footy and Matty told him that they would be Ok, they've been chasing Cotchin and Deledio around all summer, playing against Watson and co won't be any harder than that.

Self-belief is beginning to grow at Tigerland.

TOT70 said:
Vlastuin has an interesting quote in one of the papers today. He and Arnot discussed playing senior footy and Matty told him that they would be Ok, they've been chasing Cotchin and Deledio around all summer, playing against Watson and co won't be any harder than that.

:hearton

TOT70 said:

It's a brillant quote. Different times. Self -belief is the key.

We tend to forget that this club dug itself into a hole so deep that all its energy was spent just dragging itself out and surviving.

It has been a very long time since our club could boast having a mature group of senior players to set the tone for its young players. Currently, we have two All-Australian midfielders, one of whom was runner-up in the Brownlow Medal, a dual Coleman Medallist, a near All-Australian ruckman, a decent number of solid citizens who train hard and play good football. When combined with a strong team of coaches and a vibrant administration, suddenly, it is not about survival any more.

Dyer'ere said:

images

TOT70 said:
We tend to forget that this club dug itself into a hole so deep that all its energy was spent just dragging itself out and surviving.

It has been a very long time since our club could boast having a mature group of senior players to set the tone for its young players. Currently, we have two All-Australian midfielders, one of whom was runner-up in the Brownlow Medal, a dual Coleman Medallist, a near All-Australian ruckman, a decent number of solid citizens who train hard and play good football. When combined with a strong team of coaches and a vibrant administration, suddenly, it is not about survival any more.

Exactly, it was a massive trench!

the Walnut coulda snagged 5 in Wangaratta!

needs to snag frees the way WC midgets do.

TOT70 said:

I saw that quote also.... thought it was brilliant to hear from a young fella trying to get a game.

some positives last week an glad to see him gettin another go this time with the a team midfield.....hope im wrong but just seems gun VFL to me

CC TIGER said:
some positives last week an glad to see him gettin another go this time with the a team midfield.....hope im wrong but just seems gun VFL to me

Alittle bit harsh.
I thought not unusually thathe was caught out by the pace of the game, then adjusted quite nicely.
Showed some good signs

If he had nailed those shot's at goal everbody would have a different opinion.

tigerdave said:
If he had nailed those shot's at goal everbody would have a different opinion.

Are you suggesting PRE posters are that fickle? :)

For a pick 55 in a supposedly very weak draft, I think he has shown nothing but good signs so far in his career.

He's hungry, looks like a condom filled with walnuts and can find the ball, he will hopefully be a good depth player.

my my my how things change here no surprise correct me if im wrong but as pre season started every one was pretty excited and had high hopes for matty
last season he came close to a call up but injuries got in he's way

for me hope he improves against the dawks i've met matty and had a chat a few times level headed kid just love the way he goes about it if i was going to compare him to anyone it would have to be chris bond and as been stated before he's been chasing cotch and lids all pre season cant think of a better way to learn ya trade

smash em tomorrow matty