Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Matthew Arnot

Juffaricho said:
He has a lightning quick 1st step, reacts super quick to ball and player movement. That skill is dynamite as AFL level. I think one of him or Lonergan have to play Rd.1 with Foley's absence so looking forward to seeing them both play next week.

Lonergan? Has to be elevated and I can only see Petterd and Orro getting that.

If Arnott does well next week against the Hawks, I'd say he'd be a definite starter in Round 1.

If he had nailed those 2 goals in the last quarter we would be talking him up with the likes of Vlastuin.

Plenty to like about Arnott.

Smoking Aces said:
If he had nailed those 2 goals in the last quarter we would be talking him up with the likes of Vlastuin.

Plenty to like about Arnott.

Buscuits is doing his best and this stage is ahead of Jackson, therefore is in the best 22

zippadeee said:
Buscuits is doing his best and this stage is ahead of Jackson, therefore is in the best 22

Not the most glowing report. But he work hard and has some mongrel.

zippadeee said:
I think he'd be a significant upgrade on Jackson. I really like what I've seen of him so far.

se7en said:
Not the most glowing report. But he work hard and has some mongrel.

He is going ok, without being a stand out. His handballs tend to go behind players and his kicking is hit & miss at the moment.
Can't knock he endeavor to get the ball but,

A natural to play small forward, I reckon. Shame he didn't slot any of his three chances. Might have a bit of work to do on that but I really like the zest of this lad. And he's built for the game.

good return for pick 55

May well grow the confidence required

Every week he seems to be playing his best game ever so is improving,

The trend is your friend Arnott

Should have kicked 3 goals

Dont forget the biscuit is only 19
He has still got plenty of time on his hands to iron out any kicking defficiencies
Its great to see his endeavour when the ball is there to be won

btoz_01 said:
Dont forget the biscuit is only 19
He has still got plenty of time on his hands to iron out any kicking defficiencies
Its great to see his endeavour when the ball is there to be won

A fat bloke from collingwood with tattoos was very similar in the mid to early 2000's..

We had to push him forward in the last quarter. When we did he got two shots off in two minutes. Should be groomed as a small forward IMO.

Dyer'ere said:
A natural to play small forward, I reckon. Shame he didn't slot any of his three chances. Might have a bit of work to do on that but I really like the zest of this lad. And he's built for the game.

Slotted the first jack.

Beast of a kid. Would be nice if he could become part of the midfield rotations. Despite his two reaosonably easy goal misses to the right looks to be a good kick.

Only 19 and he's already built like a brick......house!!!

Lot's of room and time to improve - like what I see so far (especially the way he bounced up after the hit).

Likewise Dusty throwing the ball back (albeit that is a little bit 'dirty')..........

TY asserting authority last week.........

Is it just me - or do we have some players now that aren't pussies???

I like what I see. Not in our best 22 yet but certainly pushing and improving our depth atm. Continued form at Coburg should see him rewarded with a few senior games this year.

All he needs is to believe he belongs in the seniors, he will come on in leaps and bounds
:)

JB11 said:
All he needs is to believe he belongs in the seniors, he will come on in leaps and bounds
:)
To true. All sport is 99% between the ears