Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

I have big hopes for this kid next year. Have seen him live and he is.......deliiiiiiiciousssss

Hopefully his body is right now

He was bigger than most of his team mates when he was drafted
I can't wait to see him put tackles on the opposition,
He trains harder than most of his team mates in the gym ,

To be honest the first time I seen the him at the club after he was drafted, I thought he would be playing before Brandon Ellis

This guy gives me a positive feeling about the future direction of the club.

Didn't play last year but possibly could have. Spent time developing because we didn't need to rush him into the first team.

Any player is going to be better for the opportunity to find his feet first.

I believe Arnot is going to force his way into our side and become a very solid player, the types you have to have a lot of to win a flag.

Both he and ellis came in second and third in the time trial last year - Behind Houli after xmas.

no doubt both of these guys have great engines, lets hope matty cements a place this year.

What the RFC needs is a big bodied tackler and that's what Arnott appears to be. With him and Stevie Morris in the defence it should be scary.

Could be a Tuck or Jackson replacement, hard big bodied inside mid or hard tagger.

I can also see Arnot playing a role like Morris, although doubt anyone could be as hard at the contest as Morris (I love Morris).

I was his player sponsor last year in the 3121 club,and he was an absolute champ of a bloke. He was desperate to play a game for us in the seniors, and took on a role as a HFF as Dimma told him he needed to be more than just a mid with guys like Cotchin, Lids and dusty around. (No secret there).

He started playing the HFF role so he could learn the patterns he had would have to run in the structure, and to "add another string to his bow". If dedication is any factor in a kid making it, this guy will play 200 games. Has wanted to be an AFL footballer since he was 12. Good luck Matty, hope you bust some collar bones in the AFL.

I suspect the hurdle for Biscuits is the running ability he will need to develop. No questioning his intent at and use of the pill.

Very exciting that Ellis and Arnott led the time trial. Whitey must have missed the run. Jacko did very well, no wonder he shuts down Juddy & Black

spook said:
I suspect the hurdle for Biscuits is the running ability he will need to develop. No questioning his intent at and use of the pill.

From his time trial results and his movement on the video's, his running ability looks to be the least of his problems. I imagine it is simple a matter of learning the game at the elite level, where to run to, how to find space etc....

Hoping he can get a go in 2013 and show his wares.