Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Tigers of Old said:
Thought it interesting to read that he's being groomed to play as a defensive half forward, the role Jacko's currently been playing.

:clap

Time to end the Arnot farce.

Tigers of Old said:
Thought it interesting to read that he's being groomed to play as a defensive half forward, the role Jacko's currently been playing.

Hmmm as much as I'd like to see Jackson replaced I dont think it is the best move imo. We still need more midfield options and the more he plays at Coburg the better. They tried it last year with Helbig who looked lost playing forward when he is clearly an in the guts midfielder.

an upgrade on Jackson is what we need i think kelbig might be a better option for this role is a more of a natural forward.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree. Would think he could play the role and rotate through the middle for a couple of games. Would be invaluable for his development.

And the flanks are the right spots to let kids learn. Spot on. Hope he gets 3-4 games by years end.

Apparently they have him working on collecting more uncontested possessions. Playing out of the middle on the flank will help him with that. Good move.

BrisTiger24 said:
Apparently they have him working on collecting more uncontested possessions. Playing out of the middle on the flank will help him with that. Good move.

He won't win a lot more outside footy until he develops the tank to make repeat efforts and then spread from the contest.

I would not be surprised if we see Arnott lose a few kegs over the next pre season. It would be pretty hard to develop AFL level endurance at his weight.

It a good move to play him as a half forward/mid though. It is the perfect position to develop young mids.

Stuff the hff..... I want arnott to get in the guts, crash into everyone and basically get stuck in...an old school bruiser. Tuck won't play for much longer and he can replace jacko eventually.

Just rip the center squareand bear hug them to death. He loves the hard stuff and that's his natural instinct. I don't want to take away from that too much.... I know this ain't going to happen. Different game these days

From the vision that appears on the website each week he looks to be developing nicely. There is no rush with Matt. Let him learn and develop at Coburg so when he comes in to the seniors he will be ready to rock n roll. But as Brooklyn wrote, I want him in the middle smashing blokes, not faffing around on a flank. Get his fitness up and pure midfielder he will be.