Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Matthew definitly played well against the Cats.
Loved the 60m goal look for it with about 38sec to go on the video.

btoz_01 said:
Matthew definitly played well against the Cats.
Loved the 60m goal look for it with about 38sec to go on the video.

Very nice. Looks like he could cement a spot in the 22 pretty soon if he keeps it up.

mad_doggy911 said:
Looks real good in traffic and has good footskills and seemed to make good decisions. I'd play him over Jackson very soon. Massive upgrade.

Looks awesome in traffic...moves much like Paul Broderick when in close.

Happy to let him develop his experience/knowledge/endurance etc.. at Coburg as looks to be a genuine midfielder. Better to play 100% midfield at the lower level than sit in a forward pocket/flank at senior level for a kid at this point of his career.

Good pick up by the recruiters.

liked what i saw from that coburg tigers vison V the cats reserves, some nice clearances and bullocks his way through packs, also has a lovely left foot...

From what I have heard many people at his club were very surprised his name got called out during draft night.

Our recruiting staff must have seen something that others clearly didnt.

Not bad. Not too bad at all.

Great to see him play onball and do well (albeit playing for Coburg). We simply must build our midfield stocks if we are to seriously challenge anytime soon.

AstuteTiger said:
liked what i saw from that coburg tigers vison V the cats reserves, some nice clearances and bullocks his way through packs, also has a lovely left foot...

I had visions of Cogs from those highlights. Would love to see the complete game to put things in context but he's won a spot in the squad this week so must have done plenty right.

PS: Some nice tap work there from Browney too. Has also won inclusion this weekend.

Tigers of Old said:
I had visions of Cogs from those highlights. Would love to see the complete game to put things in context but he's won a spot in the squad this week so must have done plenty right.

PS: Some nice tap work there from Browney too. Has also won inclusion this weekend.

Yep, Cogs has come to my mind too. Let's hope he is as good.

Tigers of Old said:

Not a good sign for Angus.

Yet another fender bender for the Gus Bus.

Smoking Aces said:
From what I have heard many people at his club were very surprised his name got called out during draft night.

Our recruiting staff must have seen something that others clearly didnt.

There was a dodgy rumour on BigFooty that he was picked from nowhere, but he went to State Screening so several clubs must have been interested in him.

Ty Esler said:
There was a dodgy rumour on BigFooty that he was picked from nowhere, but he went to State Screening so several clubs must have been interested in him.

Correct.
Was regarded as a rookie pick.
Guess some were surprised to see him selected early

Ty Esler said:
Rookie pick at best was expected not part of the national draft.

se7en said:
Correct.

If it's true it's quite common.

I know a couple of guys who were Ray Hall's teammates who thought they were better than he was. The sum total of those others guys AFL games was 0, Ray's was 99.

What makes an AFL player and a good TAC player are quite different.

That's right. If there was a scientific formular that told us how good everyone would end up the draft order would be largely correct each year. It's never even close.

se7en said:
Correct.

Pick 55 is not early, most of the guys picked after him in the national draft weere rookies or retreads.

Anyway doesn't matter now, he seems to be making the most of his chance.

Wasn't Newy around pick 50 or something like that?

Ty Esler said:

His name was in the Inside Football draft special, so he wasn't that much of an unknown.

tigerdave said:
Wasn't Newy around pick 50 or something like that?
Sure was. Pick 55 from memory. I thought Biscuits held his own in the clinches against Freo, which will be his niche.