Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Matthew Arnot

Jason King said:
Should be nicknamed Rhino. Loved the way he just aimed for freo players and bumped them.

yeah i noticed that too especially down the wing where he just head first went into a freo players body.... only 18/19 can u imagine when he turns 21/22 gonna play like a bull

AstuteTiger said:
yeah i noticed that too especially down the wing where he just head first went into a freo players body....

Yeah that was a beauty and credit to our recruiters.

AstuteTiger said:
YEAH I DOUBT THAT EVEN HAPPENED, AS IF RECRUITERS WOULD EVEN WASTE THERE TIME WORRYING ABOUT WHO OTHERS PICKED ON DRAFT NIGHT......OOPS CAPS ON

Hence the 8-!

strachanie19 said:
Would have thought that after flying home from Perth on the red eye the club could have at least got him a cab. Saw him getting off a train at Oakleigh station at 6:45am still in Tigers kit and pulling his footy bag. Sounds like it should have been McGuane catching the train from all reports!

reckon this is a pretty big concern i would have thought. club really not improving if this was the case and we left an 18 yr old boy catch the train home after catching the red eye back from perth.

wouldve thought club should have cab charge for situations like this

frangalis4eva said:
reckon this is a pretty big concern i would have thought. club really not improving if this was the case and we left an 18 yr old boy catch the train home after catching the red eye back from perth.

wouldve thought club should have cab charge for situations like this

Agree.

If this was the case definitely a player welfare issue that needs to be addressed.

gal_36972154-600x400.jpg

TigerForce said:
Where was the Gus Bus? ;D

Subbed on for the nightrider bus taking the weekend boozers home. Could easily have swung past oakleigh station to pick up young thunda thighs and seen him safely home. Perhaps a lack of detailed communication caused the Gus bus to miss him.

Not sure I've seen a youngster be so aggressive towards the opposition & be affective aswell.
Loved the way he just bulldozed one of the Freo players across the boundary.

Didn't look out of place in the middle either,I have high hopes for this one.

linuscambridge said:
I too am a long way from convince about Arnott, handled the ball the way a White or Jackson would, not a one touch player or one gifted with natural ability.
Say what now?

I thought he handled the ball better than White did in that actual game! Forget about the fact White is 5 years older and played 80 more senior games.

Did you see that simple mark White dropped inside the 50? When Arnot is dropping gimmes like that in 2 years from now, let alone 5 years, then I'll start to worry. Not so much in his first 20 minutes of senior footy.

Not ideal having him catch a train with his RFC gear on. Can only imagine the tools that he potentially would have had to put up with.

Uncle said:
Not sure I've seen a youngster be so aggressive towards the opposition & be affective aswell.
Loved the way he just bulldozed one of the Freo players across the boundary.

Didn't look out of place in the middle either,I have high hopes for this one.

Love the avatar Uncle.

Love the way he goes about it.

Just needs to build on his endurance levels.

I would not be surprised if he plays at least 10 senior games this year.

Dont forget Matthew came 6th in a time trial around the tan just behind Deledio. Quite a good effort for an 18 year old 1st year player.
We may have to rethink his nickname to the Rhino considering how tough he goes in for a contest.

evo said:
Say what now?

I thought he handled the ball better than White did in that actual game! Forget about the fact White is 5 years older and played 80 more senior games.

Did you see that simple mark White dropped inside the 50? When Arnot is dropping gimmes like that in 2 years from now, let alone 5 years, then I'll start to worry. Not so much in his first 20 minutes of senior footy.

"A long way from being convinced", is a long way from writing off a player on the basis of one game. I was a long way from being convinced about Rance at the start of last season. I was merely commenting on a couple of occasions that stuck in my mind where he ran over the ball, didn't read it the way a guy like Mini Maric was up the other end, or his fellow newbie, Ellis was. And rightly so considering their relative draft positions.

I did however follow up with a compliment about his aggression and attack on the contest. He may well be the replacement for Jackson long term, or more likely our own Steve Baker type of player. Don't get me started about White, I respect his work ethic too much to bag him out on a public forum (he says hoping nobody has the time or inclination to look back at his previous posts about poor Matty).

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Looks great in the Coburg highlights video on the RFC website. He's in against GWS this week.

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Looks real good in traffic and has good footskills and seemed to make good decisions. I'd play him over Jackson very soon. Massive upgrade.