Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Matthew Arnot

strachanie19 said:
Would have thought that after flying home from Perth on the red eye the club could have at least got him a cab. Saw him getting off a train at Oakleigh station at 6:45am still in Tigers kit and pulling his footy bag. Sounds like it should have been McGuane catching the train from all reports!
Are yuu sure it was Arnot? I thought players got cabcharge cards?

tigertim said:
Are yuu sure it was Arnot? I thought players got cabcharge cards?
Absolutely positive.

Hopefully the money saved on cabs is going into the FTF.

not sold on arnott, seems to fumble alot which is real worry IMO

nikolasmia said:

That's just nerves. It was his first proper hit out as I wouldn't call rd 1 a hit out at all. Very minimal game time in that match.

I think he'll improve his handling of the pill. Disposal looks ok for now.

Need to see more of him though.

Hopefully plays next week. We need more inside midfielders as we continually get smashed in centre clearances.

nikolasmia said:

I'm not too worried.

Late pick in what is meant to be one of the weakest drafts in years and he had no trouble finding the ball and used it quite well.

He also looks like he loves to hurt people. :D

I too am a long way from convince about Arnott, handled the ball the way a White or Jackson would, not a one touch player or one gifted with natural ability.

What I did love was the way he attacked the opposition. What is with the way he goes after players and virtually head butts their body, full on attacks them head first?! It looked to me like he was a gridiron player going in head first, but without a helmet! Loved his attitude.

Streak said:
I'd wait a little longer before making myself look silly.

Been a few doing that since the end of the game Streak! ;D

Some saying not much positive to take from the game but Coburg firsts were a a kick from taking the lead with 5 minutes to go! Not a bad effort I say and plenty of positives.

WesternTiger said:
Some saying not much positive to take from the game but Coburg firsts were a a kick from taking the lead with 5 minutes to go! Not a bad effort I say and plenty of positives.

In agreement WT. Plenty of positives from a young team playing in tough conditions.

Liked what I saw from him last night. Has a red hot dip. I think last night was the best tackling intensity I have seen from Richmond for a while too whilst we're at it.

strachanie19 said:
Would have thought that after flying home from Perth on the red eye the club could have at least got him a cab. Saw him getting off a train at Oakleigh station at 6:45am still in Tigers kit and pulling his footy bag. Sounds like it should have been McGuane catching the train from all reports!

Reading Twitter, Jack also caught a cab home after the red eye back. Maybe we don't give the lads CabCharge cards.

Baloo said:
Reading Twitter, Jack also caught a cab home after the red eye back. Maybe we don't give the lads CabCharge cards.

So he can't tap to our midfielders and now can't even offer the boys a lift home across the Nullarbor! Where was the Gus Bus? ;D

TigerForce said:
So he can't tap to our midfielders and now can't even offer the boys a lift home across the Nullarbor! Where was the Gus Bus? ;D

Cuddling up to Cotchin

Baloo said:
Cuddling up to Cotchin

I heard it had to return to Melbourne to re-fuel........... :hihi (sorry I can't stop laughing at those Bummer supporters)

Reminds me a little of Foley.

I loved that burst from the centre clearance in the last qtr.

Not saying he will be a star but wasn't it reported by someone on here that all the other recruits laughed when we read out his name on draft night? 8-

Long way to go but liked what I saw.

WesternTiger said:
Not saying he will be a star but wasn't it reported by someone on here that all the other recruits laughed when we read out his name on draft night? 8-

Long way to go but liked what I saw.

YEAH I DOUBT THAT EVEN HAPPENED, AS IF RECRUITERS WOULD EVEN WASTE THERE TIME WORRYING ABOUT WHO OTHERS PICKED ON DRAFT NIGHT......OOPS CAPS ON