Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Doesn't need to be more skillful than Jackson in order to replace him, just needs to be smarter. Which ain't hard.

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
Doesn't need to be more skillful than Jackson in order to replace him, just needs to be smarter. Which ain't hard.

Better define smarter..............

Matthew Arnot

Really liked what I saw tonight. Excellent balance. Very hard at it. And disposal seems pretty good.

Predicting big things. I reckon he should play round 1.

Get around him!

Re: Matthew Arnot

evo said:
Really liked what I saw tonight. Excellent balance. Very hard at it. And disposal seems pretty good.

Get around him!

Agree the biscuit showed a bit tonight and didnt squib a contest.

evo said:

Get around him!

yep agree, well balanced and has a very good kick on him....i also like the defensive side of his game...

evo said:

Get around him!

Good post until I read 'get around him'. James Brayshaw *smile*... ordinary. You're better than that. evo.

Actually surprised me with some good passages just needs to be more one touch as he fumbled a few times. With experience he could be a good footballer.

Best thing was he wasn't shown out for pace. Lack of pace was listed as a concern for him around draft time. If this was a real issue it would have stuck out on the expanses of subiaco. But this didn't stand out at all.

Reminds me a bit of Mark Coughlan.

Not sure if he can make round one but a
Hood chance to see some senior action at some point.

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
Looks like Arnot might be the player we were expecting Morris to be and vice versa....

Morris is no good, goes to ground all the time and can't kick, don't know what they saw in him.
As far as Arnott goes I would play him a head of Helbig & Webberly.

Still not convinced on Arnot but we are only 2 weeks into his career so will reserve ultimate judgement until 2014 or so ;D

Is a big boy but did see a lot of his tackles slip tonight, but like I said, he's just a kid so no doubt that feature of his game will improve.

Loved a couple of his long, deep kicks. Most of the time he has got the ball its been in the clinches so we haven't been able to see much of his long drives forward, so it would be good if he could get onto the end of a few handballs and really put that devastating leg of his to good use.

Took me a while to figure who Arnott reminded me off. Josh Hunt. Not saying he'll be as good but size and body shape he reminds me.

Stats from 42% game time:

Disposals: 9
Contested: 6
Kicks: 3
Handballs: 6
Efficiency: 89%
Marks: 1
Tackles: 1
Clearances: 3

He has some of the thickest legs I've ever seen. Warmed up in front of me at the triangle game a few weeks ago and his legs are enormous.
I had to look up who he was because I didn't recognise him, told my group of friends he was 18 and we were all blown away.

Would have thought that after flying home from Perth on the red eye the club could have at least got him a cab. Saw him getting off a train at Oakleigh station at 6:45am still in Tigers kit and pulling his footy bag. Sounds like it should have been McGuane catching the train from all reports!