Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

GoodOne said:
Actually I remember now what started the conversation. Brereton was explaining why Martin should accept an offer from GWS.

Brereton said this morning he should pounce on the offer while his value was so high.

"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.

"He might still be a very good player, but he'll have to be a very good inside player."

"His currency right now, in relative terms to the market, is as good as it's ever going to be."

He then spent the next 5 minutes trying to blabber his way through an explanation for his stupid comment. And it was based around him not being able to improve himself much further due to his body shape and style of game. This was, mind you, 8 games into his career.
Oh Dermie, you didn't! :rofl

Well done Matthew (biscuit) Arnot in finishing 6th in todays time trial. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

CarnTheTiges said:
Dermie also said Jack Riewoldt would never be a key forward. He won the Coleman not 2 years after the great football oracle made this pronouncement. How he doesn't get called on more of his rubbish I will never know.

He also completely wrote off Kennedy from the Eagles saying he didn't have the agility and acceleration to compete with the other forwards of the competition, it would seem that any forward who doesn't measure up to Franklin has very little chance of succeeding in Dermie's eyes.

bullus_hit said:
He also completely wrote off Kennedy from the Eagles saying he didn't have the agility and acceleration to compete with the other forwards of the competition, it would seem that any forward who doesn't measure up to Franklin has very little chance of succeeding in Dermie's eyes.

Wasn't Travis Tuck going to be a three time B&F winner at the Hawks according to Dermie? :rofl

Anyway... What Dermie wrote about Tuck was quite interesting.

Said something like this - Tuck has made a big impression at the hawks although being injured for an extended part of the season, and he knows how high the hawks rate him. He expects Tuck to be a 150+ game player.

But he said, although this may surprise some, I expect Tuck to be a Best and Fairest winner at Hawthorn by 2012.

btoz_01 said:
Well done Matthew (biscuit) Arnot in finishing 6th in todays time trial. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Agree well done. Must admit I'm having troubles reconciling a 6th in the tan with those thighs.

considering his just how incredibly stocking he is for such a young kid, its an impressive result at the time trails.

was no push over 1 on 1 against dusty yesterday at training also..... MASSIVE legs on the kid

I remember 10 year ago (where does the time go!!!) lamenting the fact that our players had no bulk to them.

Finally we have got some kids in that have got size, strength and a bit of grunt about them. Plus a handful of rookies that have a bit of size as well, hopefully one or 2 of them do well enough to make it.

Great effort by Matthew to get top 6 in the time trial - if he had finished mid-ships then people would have made comments about him being too bulky for speed and probably finishing where he was expected to run.

Tigers of Old said:
This guy is the Hulk. Don't know if he can play but Hardwick is building a strong side. The days of skinny, lightweights are over.

When you think about it - we could put a beast of a side onto the park if we went the route of including Griffiths, Derrickx, Dea, Morris, Arnot and Ellis instaed of the likes of Nahas, Edwards (even if he has bulked up), Moore and McG.

Big boy alright!

2(119).jpg

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Portals/0/2(119).jpg

Those thighs belong to a Rugby tighthead Prop.