Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

TigerMasochist said:
Dermie said a while back that Dusty might turn into a waddler if he wasn't carefull and this summer Dusty's looking like a total running machine. Looks like strength and conditioning have done a brilliant job of shaping Dusty.

Remember Dermie saying this. Most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. But it wasn't about his size, it was relating back to him being an early developer, he thought someone like Dusty would have no improvement left in him compared to many others who were drafted.

GoodOne said:
Remember Dermie saying this. Most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. But it wasn't about his size, it was relating back to him being an early developer, he thought someone like Dusty would have no improvement left in him compared to many others who were drafted.

Wonder what Derm thinks now?

38131810150468184043276.jpg

GoodOne said:

Don't entirely agree Goody, there were a couple of snide remarks about the size of his rear end and his running speed. Dermie clearly had no idea Dusty was second fastest at the draft camp in his year (although it was a relatively slow year).

The development postential was raised by Dermie, but he was to my interpretation also implying Dusty might fill out too much and be too slow for the modern game.

Tigers of Old said:
Wonder what Derm thinks now?

38131810150468184043276.jpg

When you see photos like that, how can you be against gay marriage ?

If the Chimp was in the photo I'd start campaigning for the legalization of gay polygamy.

Baloo said:
When you see photos like that, how can you be against gay marriage ?

If the Chimp was in the photo I'd start campaigning for the legalization of gay polygamy.

:rofl

linuscambridge said:
Don't entirely agree Goody, there were a couple of snide remarks about the size of his rear end and his running speed. Dermie clearly had no idea Dusty was second fastest at the draft camp in his year (although it was a relatively slow year).

The development postential was raised by Dermie, but he was to my interpretation also implying Dusty might fill out too much and be too slow for the modern game.

And not bad coming from a bloke with...................chicken legs........................Superman upstairs & Lois Lane downstairs......

linuscambridge said:

i also recall him saying how much of a "Powerhouse" Dusty is etc said he's going to be a massive player/unit in years to come, loves the way he plays etc......
oh the future is going to be exciting

jimbob said:
And not bad coming from a bloke with...................chicken legs........................Superman upstairs & Lois Lane downstairs......

;D. Loved to hate Dermie in his prime. Also generally like his commentary.

17 pages and he hasn't even kicked a ball!
Good luck kid!

GoodOne said:
Dermie also said Jack Riewoldt would never be a key forward. He won the Coleman not 2 years after the great football oracle made this pronouncement. How he doesn't get called on more of his rubbish I will never know.

CarnTheTiges said:
Dermie also said Jack Riewoldt would never be a key forward. He won the Coleman not 2 years after the great football oracle made this pronouncement. How he doesn't get called on more of his rubbish I will never know.
I dare say he always adds a caveat ie "if Riewoldt doesnt increase his aerobic capacity he'll never be a key forward"

linuscambridge said:

Yes he was referring to his type of build as well but I clearly heard his first discussion on that on radio and he subseqently back-pedalled a bit. I don't remember him calling him slow per se.

Jonesracing82 said:
i also recall him saying how much of a "Powerhouse" Dusty is etc said he's going to be a massive player/unit in years to come, loves the way he plays etc......
oh the future is going to be exciting

That was after back-pedalling after realising how stupid his comments were.

Actually I remember now what started the conversation. Brereton was explaining why Martin should accept an offer from GWS.

Brereton said this morning he should pounce on the offer while his value was so high.

"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.

"He might still be a very good player, but he'll have to be a very good inside player."

"His currency right now, in relative terms to the market, is as good as it's ever going to be."

He then spent the next 5 minutes trying to blabber his way through an explanation for his stupid comment. And it was based around him not being able to improve himself much further due to his body shape and style of game. This was, mind you, 8 games into his career.