Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Can't trade to Collingwood, they have no picks. The club wants picks now for this draft.
And plus there's no way in the world would we have prepare lynch and ship him off to Collingwood.
That will hurt more then the day Raines left and when I saw Bryan Wood in an Essendon jumper.
I would be shattered if we traded him to Collingwood,
We've already got a heap of picks for this year. Colonwoods first pick next year for the Lynchman would be fine. He's super injury prone so might manage a handful of games for the year n even if he played most of the season, he's fairly old these days so his impact would be heavily reduced even if they managed to get 2 years out of him.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
He’s a footballer, if he is fit play him. Got all summer to get over any further soft tissue. He needs to finish the year well, to salvage something for all his rehab work
They're going to assess in 3 weeks. So for the sake of at best two games which he'll need to get some confidence back? He's missed the last 3 pre-seasons. Just give in to the injury god for this year and let him focus on a strong one next year, his last contracted year.

They're going to assess in 3 weeks. So for the sake of at best two games which he'll need to get some confidence back? He's missed the last 3 pre-seasons. Just give in to the injury god for this year and let him focus on a strong one next year, his last contracted year.
Yeah probably. I was more thinking he would play last 4, or 3 - but last 2 yeah you’re probably right

Reactions: 1 user
Could we get a first rounder for him??
If we were offered a first, we'd be mad not to take it IMO. Banking 2 firsts out of Baker & Lynch should see to it us holding 2 firsts within the top 5-6 & possibly another in the top 10ish with creative trading.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
No way gets traded. They have to gamble on him coming good. He is a top class key forward that can help develop the next lot. If he goes who brings on the younger key players?
Lynch always said he wanted to play with Jack because Lynch never got to play with an experienced forward to learn the craft.
Kosi apparently came to Richmond to learn from Lynch as there was nobody at Hawthorn.
We simply cannot replace him he is far too valuable. For me he is off the table and it is gamble on his body coming good.
And he wants to stay

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
No way gets traded. They have to gamble on him coming good. He is a top class key forward that can help develop the next lot. If he goes who brings on the younger key players?
Lynch always said he wanted to play with Jack because Lynch never got to play with an experienced forward to learn the craft.
Kosi apparently came to Richmond to learn from Lynch as there was nobody at Hawthorn.
We simply cannot replace him he is far too valuable. For me he is off the table and it is gamble on his body coming good.
And he wants to stay
Yeah, I don’t get it. Some posters hope he comes good and we get a good pick, even a first rounder.
I’m sure other clubs would do their due diligence and give him a thorough medical before they were satisfied to give up a decent pick for him.
If that were the case and he fit( no future guarantees of course) but he’d still be of value for us for up to a couple of seasons .
What other experienced key forward do we have? Actually what other even decent or average key forward?

Tell ‘em they’re dreamin.

no way, he needs to stay needs to develop the next crop of key fordwards.
and not to mention his leadership qualities.

Reactions: 1 users
no way, he needs to stay needs to develop the next crop of key fordwards.
and not to mention his leadership qualities.
He is on good coin if that is all that is expected of him.

I want him to help us win matches, not be a coach.

What does he (and the medical team) do differently from here on so that 2025 doesn’t end up like 2023 & 2024?

He is, but that's because of the way his contract was structured. He got us a couple of flags. It was worth it.

Reactions: 4 users

He's done his job. He's not going to help us win matches, we aren't going to win many over the next couple of years. Next best is for him to help the younger ones with his experience since he's contracted for next year and being paid anyway.

Rest him for the rest of the year then have him ready to go for pre season.
Spot on. Seems like all his recent pre seasons have him only fully training with the main group a few weeks before the season starts.

Then guess what , out injured not long into the season

Last edited: