Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

We played 7 under 24 years of age so I dont know where you're getting 10 from and 3 of the 7 are 22 and 23. Hardly a team of kids
They just look like kids and are brushed aside by harder, bigger bodies. And that’s a real concern and won’t change for the better considering a number of “kid built” Richmond footballers have been in the system for a few years now 🤷‍♂️

We played 7 under 24 years of age so I dont know where you're getting 10 from and 3 of the 7 are 22 and 23. Hardly a team of kids
Does this help you?
Brown.
Green.
Banks.
Ryan.
Mansell.
Ralphsmith.
Smith.
Cambell.
Dow.
Trezise.
Not exactly hardened bodies but carry on

Reactions: 4 users
We played 10 kids yesterday. That’s an abundance of immature bodies.
Did we? Geez our kids seem to age quickly. Must be something in the water.

Baker 126/26
Balta 100/24
Bolton/ 131/25
Broad 144/31
Hopper 138/27
Prestia 221/31
Rioli 179/27
Short 171/28
Taranto 148/26
Vlaustin229/30

What 10 players with 100 plus games behind them not enough. Thats excluding McIntosh.

What about those who have been in the system at least 4 years or are at least 22 year olds.

Kossie 58/24
Mansell 49/24
Miller 42/24
Ryan 22/23
HRS 46/22
Dow 33/22
Trezise 5/22

Yep its clear to see we are desperately crying out for mature bodies. 😲

Reactions: 1 user
Did we? Geez our kids seem to age quickly. Must be something in the water.

Baker 126/26
Balta 100/24
Bolton/ 131/25
Broad 144/31
Hopper 138/27
Prestia 221/31
Rioli 179/27
Short 171/28
Taranto 148/26
Vlaustin229/30

What 10 players with 100 plus games behind them not enough. Thats excluding McIntosh.

What about those who have been in the system at least 4 years or are at least 22 year olds.

Kossie 58/24
Mansell 49/24
Miller 42/24
Ryan 22/23
HRS 46/22
Dow 33/22
Trezise 5/22

Yep its clear to see we are desperately crying out for mature bodies. 😲
They may be 22 or 23, but they’ve played less than 50 games. Games experience counts for an awful lot, and despite their physical age the majority of them don’t look be physically powerful.

Does this help you?
Brown.
Green.
Banks.
Ryan.
Mansell.
Ralphsmith.
Smith.
Cambell.
Dow.
Trezise.
Not exactly hardened bodies but carry on
U said kids, pretty sure at 22 years of age there no longer kids! The fact that there not hardened bodies is a development issue I look at Sydney there players are all bigger bodied and more devolved after 2 years in there system. Vs ours at 5 years are still struggling to put on any genuine size. There is no way sonzie looks the way he does at the swans and if he did he'd probably already be out the door

No winning. people post and say ah we have 20 gazillion kids playing. when its rationally pointed out that that is not the case, it then becomes, but they don't have 50 games or they dont look physically powerful. They may not have huge experience but they are no longer kids.
There is only two there who are physically underwhelming Dow and Ryan and that may never change.

Our teams so far this year have in the main had a ton of experience and a good balance of youth to age given the need to be getting games into younger players.
yet too many kids its thrown up as being a reason why we are losing. I just don't buy into it. Some of Our kids may not be ready but its not them that is the problem.

FGS we had eleven 100 game players play yesterday a lot of teams can only dream of that. 18 of the 22 had a minimum of 4 seasons behind them.
Most are physically right to play. Its not brimming over with kiddies.

Reactions: 1 users
No winning. people post and say ah we have 20 gazillion kids playing. when its rationally pointed out that that is not the case, it then becomes, but they don't have 50 games or they dont look physically powerful. They may not have huge experience but they are no longer kids.
There is only two there who are physically underwhelming Dow and Ryan and that may never change.

Our teams so far this year have in the main had a ton of experience and a good balance of youth to age given the need to be getting games into younger players.
yet too many kids its thrown up as being a reason why we are losing. I just don't buy into it. Some of Our kids may not be ready but its not them that is the problem.

FGS we had eleven 100 game players play yesterday a lot of teams can only dream of that. 18 of the 22 had a minimum of 4 seasons behind them.
Most are physically right to play. Its not brimming over with kiddies.
True some people just can't loose an argument guess there's no point arguing with stupidity

• Dislike
U said kids, pretty sure at 22 years of age there no longer kids! The fact that there not hardened bodies is a development issue I look at Sydney there players are all bigger bodied and more devolved after 2 years in there system. Vs ours at 5 years are still struggling to put on any genuine size. There is no way sonzie looks the way he does at the swans and if he did he'd probably already be out the door
That’s development, and I think most here are in agreement that’s a big problem at the Tigers and something that a lot of work and resources need to be put into.

We have an abundance of mature bodies not a good reason to keep a player anyway. Oh look hes a mature body best we hang onto him.
Nope he is very much a part of the problem and he has been for a long while.
When I was playing footy as a young bloke I really appreciated having some bigger and tougher team mates around me. It was a long time ago but I doubt that's changed much.

When I was playing footy as a young bloke I really appreciated having some bigger and tougher team mates around me. It was a long time ago but I doubt that's changed much.
Me too. The point being made is there's plenty of bigger tougher more experienced teammates around the kids we are playing.

We don't need to hang onto the likes of McIntosh for that purpose as some have suggested we need to do.

Me too. The point being made is there's plenty of bigger tougher more experienced teammates around the kids we are playing.

We don't need to hang onto the likes of McIntosh for that purpose as some have suggested we need to do.
I was going to move on from this thread but I thought Kamdyn deserved better from me. So...
Bigger. Kamdyn would be one of the bigger and stronger players on our list
Toughter. KMac would definitely be one of our toughest players. Up close he looks like a brick shithouse.
Experienced. Kamdyn is sitting 186 games, and is 6th on our current playing list for games played

While I wish Kamdyn was a better kick, he does so much 'unrewarded' work it isn't funny, but I guess you don't get to see it on TV.

In addition, there are a few players I would help to find a new club for before KMac even came to mind.

While us supporters often over-value our players, which is totally fair enough, one feels that there are a number who greatly undervalue others. IMO KMac is on the latter list.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I was going to move on from this thread but I thought Kamdyn deserved better from me. So...
Bigger. Kamdyn would be one of the bigger and stronger players on our list
Toughter. KMac would definitely be one of our toughest players. Up close he looks like a brick shithouse.
Experienced. Kamdyn is sitting 186 games, and is 6th on our current playing list for games played

While I wish Kamdyn was a better kick, he does so much 'unrewarded' work it isn't funny, but I guess you don't get to see it on TV.

In addition, there are a few players I would help to find a new club for before KMac even came to mind.

While us supporters often over-value our players, which is totally fair enough, one feels that there are a number who greatly undervalue others. IMO KMac is on the latter list.
I think you miss the entire point being made here. No one is arguing against McIntosh being a big bodied experienced player. The point being made is he is one of many. Something that people just won't acknowledge simply because it does not suit their argument.

Some of the inferences on this have been, we have to play McIntosh because he is big and experienced player and we dont have enough big and experienced players.. That is the biggest load of rubbish i have heard all year.
The simple point of trying to get people to acknowledge that we dont lack for those things if he does not play is like pulling teeth.

As for the you might not see it on television comments. You don't know how many games people see live, to just assume well that gets my back up.

McIntosh is a problem for us moving forward. He has always been a battler. Nothing flash runs hard works hard and is liked big deal.
He is a fumbler a poor kick and a momentum killer.
He is playing a role where we have an abundance of younger options, thus he is taking games away from those younger players. The last time i looked we are definately in rebuild mode or is that wrong.

A 31yo average player taking games off kids imo needs to be tapped on the shoulder.
McIntosh is not going to find a new club not at his age or pedigree. He will either retire or be delisted. I don't care which one it is but it is time to move on.

Why is it okay for supporters to over value players? Why? If they over value then they are wrong about that player. Surely if it's okay to over value them its gotta be okay to under value them as well. Who's to say who is right? At the end of the day they are all opinions.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s battlers like KMac that allow the Dustys of the world to run free.
Grover has been superb and will play 200 next year.

How good is KMac.
Gives his all and then some.

He'll sets standards on the track too. Great clubman

Reactions: 7 users