Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

A 31yo average player taking games off kids imo needs to be tapped on the shoulder.
McIntosh is not going to find a new club not at his age or pedigree. He will either retire or be delisted. I don't care which one it is but it is time to move on.
One would argue, that if the player you described is keeping a kid out of a regular game, whether it's him that's the problem.

Its not a life or death decision here, but if he gets 12 months I'm OK with that. You're assuming if he's on the list, he's playing AFL. But if he's pushing our young guys hard to keep him out of AFL but he's stuck at VFL, all while being a great off field trainer and good club man, is it hurting? Our young fellas need to be pushed, earn their stripes as the cliché goes. Gifting them games could bring complacency.

We'll need some senior bodies to stay around. Pickett, Prestia, Flappers. Some of these types will go, some will stay. I'd keep Flappers, and retire Prestia, as I think based off this year - we'll be lucky to get 8 games out of Prestia. If the club goes the other way, I'm not gonna cry in my corn flakes. I'm more interested in who's coming in, than who's heading out.

Be an interesting off season.

Reactions: 1 users
One would argue, that if the player you described is keeping a kid out of a regular game, whether it's him that's the problem.
Yeah, im pretty confident with our current injury list any kid we want playing AFL is playing AFL.

It will the case again this week- our emergencies will probably be Coulthard, Dow and Cumberland because they are the last fit guys on the list.

Its not a life or death decision here, but if he gets 12 months I'm OK with that. You're assuming if he's on the list, he's playing AFL. But if he's pushing our young guys hard to keep him out of AFL but he's stuck at VFL, all while being a great off field trainer and good club man, is it hurting? Our young fellas need to be pushed, earn their stripes as the cliché goes. Gifting them games could bring complacency.

We'll need some senior bodies to stay around. Pickett, Prestia, Flappers. Some of these types will go, some will stay. I'd keep Flappers, and retire Prestia, as I think based off this year - we'll be lucky to get 8 games out of Prestia. If the club goes the other way, I'm not gonna cry in my corn flakes. I'm more interested in who's coming in, than who's heading out.

Be an interesting off season.
Keep saying it no matter who goes there will still be an abundance of senior staying around. Thats despite weather McIntosh stays or goes.
Last time i looked we are in rebuild and Pickett and McIntosh's roles is one of the few areas where we have plenty of very promising younger options.

Why waste a season that can go to kid or a few kids? instead playing McIntosh. Im pretty sure wing has been a position for several seasons now that has needed addressing.

Anyway as you say it will be an interesting off season.

Reactions: 1 user
In my view it doesnt mean much that he doesnt yet have a contract offer.
Both he and Marlion will be last, on the last day.
It'll depend on who else goes and making sure we have experience on the list.
If Baker Bolton Graham and Rioli go then Kmac and Snarlin stay.
If some stay then they might be squeezed out.
Its a tough reality.
Great clubmen.

Reactions: 2 users
Keep saying it no matter who goes there will still be an abundance of senior staying around. Thats despite weather McIntosh stays or goes.
Last time i looked we are in rebuild and Pickett and McIntosh's roles is one of the few areas where we have plenty of very promising younger options.

Why waste a season that can go to kid or a few kids? instead playing McIntosh. Im pretty sure wing has been a position for several seasons now that has needed addressing.

Anyway as you say it will be an interesting off season.
Because you need depth. You need someone to push those kids to earn their spot, not just hand it to them. If they're good enough, they'll keep him out.
Can see the point of taking another kid on a wing though, as Hugo hasn't convinced us yet That there's still more growth. Hoping there is, but hope isn't strategy.

I think he’s slowed down a lot and looked terrible coming on as a sub. I think he should retire as he’s another poorly skilled role player which are of an abundance on our list. His best days were average at best because of his poor disposal , but was made up in courage and cleaned up by our jets. We don’t have enough skilled players on our list as well as transitioning fast ball movers and Kmac is now quickly becoming a list clogger. People need to let go and accept reality as our list is around 2004 level and we need to start building a young team of stars for our next premierships.
The excuse of a mature solid body doesn’t cut it for me as when Hardwick took over in 2010 our list was riddled with kids and a few hard bodied men. We have enough of them and we need class and speed to assist the decent ones remaining.
Unfortunately Kmac must be moved on as he’s had his time in the Sun and his only holding up progress.
The longer we keep guys like Grimes, Kmac, Prestia, Pickett, Dow , Short, Lynch( love him , injury prone), Hopper ( too slow and unskilled) , Graham , Cumberland and a few others the further away we will be from our next flag.
Deal with reality good Tigers as we are a basket case and these players are part of this basket and have offered nothing for two seasons now.

I think he’s slowed down a lot and looked terrible coming on as a sub. I think he should retire as he’s another poorly skilled role player which are of an abundance on our list. His best days were average at best because of his poor disposal , but was made up in courage and cleaned up by our jets. We don’t have enough skilled players on our list as well as transitioning fast ball movers and Kmac is now quickly becoming a list clogger. People need to let go and accept reality as our list is around 2004 level and we need to start building a young team of stars for our next premierships.
The excuse of a mature solid body doesn’t cut it for me as when Hardwick took over in 2010 our list was riddled with kids and a few hard bodied men. We have enough of them and we need class and speed to assist the decent ones remaining.
Unfortunately Kmac must be moved on as he’s had his time in the Sun and his only holding up progress.
The longer we keep guys like Grimes, Kmac, Prestia, Pickett, Dow , Short, Lynch( love him , injury prone), Hopper ( too slow and unskilled) , Graham , Cumberland and a few others the further away we will be from our next flag.
Deal with reality good Tigers as we are a basket case and these players are part of this basket and have offered nothing for two seasons now.
So you're saying we should keep Kamdyn.

• Love
  • Haha
I agree you still need the hardened, experienced players in the side. And we do have a number of them. Not sure KMac is one we still need. Named substitute, wings finally being offered to the younger brigade now which is good. His time appears near.

We were beaten by North. They were much younger (by 2 years per player average) and inexperienced than us. The age thing is not an excuse (only 2 players last game weren't into at least their 3rd season on the list) , many of these players should have been tested at AFL level long before this year. We need to offload our over 30s, still have 10. Looks like Dusty, Grimes, Naismith are done, need at least 1 more, Pickett or KMac.

I agree you still need the hardened, experienced players in the side. And we do have a number of them. Not sure KMac is one we still need. Named substitute, wings finally being offered to the younger brigade now which is good. His time appears near.

We were beaten by North. They were much younger (by 2 years per player average) and inexperienced than us. The age thing is not an excuse (only 2 players last game weren't into at least their 3rd season on the list) , many of these players should have been tested at AFL level long before this year. We need to offload our over 30s, still have 10. Looks like Dusty, Grimes, Naismith are done, need at least 1 more, Pickett or KMac.
Losing to North and the season overall tells us that a lot of Senior players are cooked and the next crop are average quality .
I’m really concerned that we won’t get rid of most of them because Yze seems to think they’re needed as he’s only dropped Kmac all year. . We need to make tough calls to rise faster.

If we lose the DRioli, Bolton, Graham and Baker we will have between 8-12 players over 26 on our list at the start of next year- including LeFau and Young. And the likes of Prestia and Lynch who may not play much at all.

Martin, Dustin 302
Grimes, Dylan 234

Pickett, Marlion R 90 ?
Naismith, Sam 33
Prestia, Dion 222 X
Lynch, Tom 220 X
Broad, Nathan 145
McIntosh, Kamdyn 187 ?
Vlastuin, Nick 230
Nankervis, Toby 154
Short, Jayden 172
Hopper, Jacob 139
Rioli, Daniel 180
Baker, Liam 127

Taranto, Tim 149
Graham, Jack 128
Lefau, Mykelti R 10
Young, Tylar R 28
Bolton, Shai 132

Kamdyn is a heart and soul player, a very much loved teammate. KMac trading a paper clip and ending up with a boat in the QLD hub as well as his other antics was very helpful in keeping the group together and entertained.
If we do end up losing Bakes, Dan, Bolts, Fridge etc, KMac is exactly the the type of player/teammate that should be retained.

Reactions: 7 users
If we lose the DRioli, Bolton, Graham and Baker we will have between 8-12 players over 26 on our list at the start of next year- including LeFau and Young. And the likes of Prestia and Lynch who may not play much at all.

Martin, Dustin 302
Grimes, Dylan 234

Pickett, Marlion R 90 ?
Naismith, Sam 33
Prestia, Dion 222 X
Lynch, Tom 220 X
Broad, Nathan 145
McIntosh, Kamdyn 187 ?
Vlastuin, Nick 230
Nankervis, Toby 154
Short, Jayden 172
Hopper, Jacob 139
Rioli, Daniel 180
Baker, Liam 127

Taranto, Tim 149
Graham, Jack 128
Lefau, Mykelti R 10
Young, Tylar R 28
Bolton, Shai 132
Why is 26 the arbitrary cut off point? Oh i see it suits the argument.

Generally speaking if you are drafted at age 18 thats most kids!!! then by age 24 thats 6 years at the club. Most are or should be entering their prime.
Generally speaking if they are not then we have hung on too long.

At this point in time the only one we can say with certainty that he is going is Baker.
Lets say going by rumour and inuendo and current retirements the following senior players all go

Martin 32, Grimes 32, McIntosh 31, Pickett 32, Naismith 32. All retired. Then we trade Baker and Rioli and Graham leaves as a uncontracted player.
Thats just one extra player to the ones you have a line thru. It excludes our best small forward.

Thats a sum total of 8 mature players. Just how many are we going to turn over all up. I ask because if we do just those 8 it leaves eighteen players aged Between 24 and 30 plus. Thats almost a starting 22. There is nothing to stop us bringing in a few experienced players that would be upgrades on others as well.

Once again we strike this nonsensical argument that we cant cut past it players or turn over too many vets because we lack players with enough experience. 24 is the right age to draw the line and what a difference it makes when you go to a sensible and logical starting point.
Further to this we have another 5 players aged 23 at the start of next year as well.

We basically have a two year window where we have to hit the draft hard before the drafts become compromised.
Games into kids with just enough seniors around them each game should and has to be the catch cry.

Why is 26 the arbitrary cut off point? Oh i see it suits the argument.
i dont have an argument. i just went 26 cos the guys looking to leave are that age.
If you want to go 25 you can Miller, Balta & OHB to the list.

I dont have opinion on whether KMac stays for another year at this point. Or Pickett.
Once we know who is being traded, and which younger players we are delisting, it will be a bit more apparent.

Martin, Dustin 302
Grimes, Dylan 234

Pickett, Marlion R 90 ?
Naismith, Sam 33
Prestia, Dion 222 X
Lynch, Tom 220 X
Broad, Nathan 145
McIntosh, Kamdyn 187 ?
Vlastuin, Nick 230
Nankervis, Toby 154
Short, Jayden 172
Hopper, Jacob 139
Rioli, Daniel 180
Baker, Liam 127

Taranto, Tim 149
Graham, Jack 128
Lefau, Mykelti R 10
Young, Tylar R 28
Bolton, Shai 132
Yep I spoke previously about our AFL proven quality 24yo-27yo age group being decimated for next year if those 4 leave as it only leaves Cumbo, Coulthard, Dow, Ryan, Ross, Kosi, Mansell, OHB, Colina, Young, Lefau, Taranto, Balta. 5 are not contracted as of now for next year and I only see 3-4 of the list as proven. We need to focus on keeping the quality in that age group and be moving on the over 30s, who as you indicate are injury-prone.

Lol mcintosh that centre clearance sums him up in the first quater. So banks 25 at 90% on one wing then we have this spud falling over 25 times, for those mcintosh defenders have at it please defend that performance on the wing.

Last edited:
Surely people see it. Will be laughable if he plays next week or is retained on the list.

Last edited:
Good clubman but been a spud for a few years. Pretty mediocre mistake ridden footballer