Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Yeah was likely going to be only 1 of Kmac and Pickett. Playing Kmac forward is surely the best sign it should have been curtains for him.
Pickett made what was going to be a hard decision for the club. I like KMac, but next year will be it for him, and it’ll be mostly for the VFL and as sub.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah was likely going to be only 1 of Kmac and Pickett. Playing Kmac forward is surely the best sign it should have been curtains for him.
I think it'd more "Kamdyn, we've got a hole here and we want to develop the kids there. Can you play X position for us instead?"
Yup.
We know, he knows, he's closer to the end than the start. But I don't think he'd have knocked back a question like that 4 years ago either. Complete club man and consummate professional.
Glad he's staying as insurance for next year.

Reactions: 17 users
I think it'd more "Kamdyn, we've got a hole here and we want to develop the kids there. Can you play X position for us instead?"
Yup.
We know, he knows, he's closer to the end than the start. But I don't think he'd have knocked back a question like that 4 years ago either. Complete club man and consummate professional.
Glad he's staying as insurance for next year.
I personally find it hard to fathom playing someone, who has struggled this year in the position they've played their whole career, in a position they're clearly clueless about. I don't really see the point. If the idea was to fill gaps I would have preferred Pickett as he has proven he is more flexible but I'm sure that opportunity would have been discussed. I think it'd be correct that he'll likely only get games if we have another horror year of injuries. I don't think it's official yet that he is playing on next year but seems likely he will.

I personally find it hard to fathom playing someone, who has struggled this year in the position they've played their whole career, in a position they're clearly clueless about. I don't really see the point. If the idea was to fill gaps I would have preferred Pickett as he has proven he is more flexible but I'm sure that opportunity would have been discussed. I think it'd be correct that he'll likely only get games if we have another horror year of injuries. I don't think it's official yet that he is playing on next year but seems likely he will.
Absolutely Pickett retiring has likely raised the probability of him coming back.
When you've got half your list out, and sweet FA available to select from, you fill holes as best you can. This fella appears always happy to do what the club ask of him.

Reactions: 2 users
KMac has given us good service over many years and has plenty of experience to help mentor the cubs next season. As others have said he may not be in the best 22 now but makes a good versatile sub. I would give him one more year.

Reactions: 5 users
I would keep him. He runs all day, he stuffs up sometimes, and other times he doesn't. KMac is a very good player and a great team player. Many players could learn from him, his attitude and, yes, his abilities.

I would have kept both KMac and Pickett, but Pickett took the choice away from us (although I don't blame him, he has had a hard life and seems he needs a break).

DS

Reactions: 4 users
I like him as a sub, he can fill a hole anywhere on the ground. Much rather use someone like him than playing a junior as the sub which they really get nothing out of

Exactly the spot he adds value to us. We don't then have kids taking the subs vest and getting a quarter at most most weeks, they either start in the AFL or VFL. Kmac can play pretty much anywhere and he's a great influence to have around the group.

Reactions: 1 user
Love him as a premiership player but his time is up. There is honestly no point keeping him when he cannot hold down a permanent spot. Time for him to move to the Peninsula full time. Play for Dromana with Jake Aarts if he still has the footy itch.