Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Only had 3 eligible AFL players in the 2's last week and one of them (OHB) got injured. Coulthard ordinary and Bauer should be in the firsts. Hard to pull up your pants if you are not wearing any.

Do we have any of them in the VFL who we want to promote? Im pretty sure any kid we want to be playing AFL is playing AFL.
Could have promoted the Doc, mid season but didn't. Reckon he could elevate rapidly to an AFL wing role, but we've now got to hope he doesn't get hoovered up by some cockaroach recruiter in November.

Reactions: 1 users
He was pretty good today playing a tough role at half forward. One thing that he has certainly improved over time is his overhead marking.

I'd certainly give him another year.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone really believe McIntosh is the answer as a forward moving forward?
imo it was a missed chance to look at a kid like Bauer someone who may be there long term. I find it bemusing that we would play Kamdyn there when such an obvious tall choice is staring us in the face.

Does anyone really believe McIntosh is the answer as a forward moving forward?
imo it was a missed chance to look at a kid like Bauer someone who may be there long term. I find it bemusing that we would play Kamdyn there when such an obvious tall choice is staring us in the face.

I don't think anyone thinks he's the answer moving forward, but he is a role player and does it adequately. I agree that Bauer should get games but he's coming off multiple long term injuries and needs to prove his fitness in the VFL first. Despite apparently kicking 1 goal and several behinds I reckon Bauer is tracking for a couple of senior games before the end of the season. Whether that means Kamdyn is dropped in his place is debatable though.

Reactions: 8 users
If McIntosh is a part of the best 22 next year then its going to be a long long rebuild. We have to make tough calls and this is not even a tough call.

Reactions: 1 user
Now Hugo has been re-signed & Banks is getting opportunities.

Only one of our Premiership wingers in Pickett or Kam will remain.

Currently I still think he’s better than the two younger options mentioned & was pretty decent today but he’s not got much time left in those legs. No contract offer doesn’t bode well.

If McIntosh is a part of the best 22 next year then its going to be a long long rebuild. We have to make tough calls and this is not even a tough call.
It’s gonna be a long long rebuild regardless of whether KMac is on the list or not.

Reactions: 5 users
We need mature bodies. He’s the least of our problems
We do but there are plenty of mature bodies on the list that offer more and im not sure a wingman that barely lays body on anyone is doing much at all. Training standards is about all he offers these days

I don't think anyone thinks he's the answer moving forward, but he is a role player and does it adequately. I agree that Bauer should get games but he's coming off multiple long term injuries and needs to prove his fitness in the VFL first. Despite apparently kicking 1 goal and several behinds I reckon Bauer is tracking for a couple of senior games before the end of the season. Whether that means Kamdyn is dropped in his place is debatable though.
Yes, I doubt KMac kept Bauer out of the team. But like Pickett before him he is being shuffled around to fill holes, and to allow us to do what we want to do with our young players.

Reactions: 7 users
Yes, I doubt KMac kept Bauer out of the team. But like Pickett before him he is being shuffled around to fill holes, and to allow us to do what we want to do with our young players.

This is a reasonable way to interpret how these guys are being used right now.

I'm all for getting games into the kids but we still need to be (somewhat) competitive and not throw young 'uns totally to the wolves.

We need mature bodies. He’s the least of our problems
We have an abundance of mature bodies not a good reason to keep a player anyway. Oh look hes a mature body best we hang onto him.
Nope he is very much a part of the problem and he has been for a long while.

• Dislike
We have an abundance of mature bodies not a good reason to keep a player anyway. Oh look hes a mature body best we hang onto him.
Nope he is very much a part of the problem and he has been for a long while.
We played 10 kids yesterday. That’s an abundance of immature bodies.

Reactions: 6 users
This is a reasonable way to interpret how these guys are being used right now.

I'm all for getting games into the kids but we still need to be (somewhat) competitive and not throw young 'uns totally to the wolves.
I dont reckon it is even about necessarily being competitive. But you need some sort of structure otherwise you cant even attempt to play to a game plan. And structure probably requires 3 or 4 options up forward who can at least compete in the air.
Then we consider Bauer- who is a guy who has missed a lot of the season, and has been inconsistent. They chose he was better served playing VFL again to try to build his numbers.
So we went with Kosi, Balta, Brown and KMac (with Ryan rucking).