James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

Made a dozen mistakes today. Good indicator. Tidied up as the game wore on. Broke a line late. Improved every facet of his game over the 120 minutes.

He's missed a huge development season through injury and now gets a chance to grow. He's got plenty of fans. The coach might have been a bit slow to catch on but he'll be there by now.

Reactions: 6 users
I like Trez but really don't know what position he's best in.

Long term Broad replacement. Maybe even a more attacking version if the footy gods smile on him.

Needs time in the 1’s to grow into the role. Isn’t going to learn anything else in the VFL.

Reactions: 6 users
Long term Broad replacement. Maybe even a more attacking version if the footy gods smile on him.

Needs time in the 1’s to grow into the role. Isn’t going to learn anything else in the VFL.
Yep, just like Grimo, he looks all defense with no real offense skills in him.

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t see it. 8 touches today, 1 tackle, zero impact.

Reactions: 2 users
watched via a iphone, but i reckon he will do well with more games under his belt

looked to be a lockdown defender on zuhaar early, quite a daunting task for an inexperienced player

Reactions: 1 user
Yep.. he is a nice footballer but not AFL level.
We have been here before..through the 90s and 2000s...lots of second level good players. Does not lead to success.
It is imperative to go through the list aggressively and cull and restock over and over again until enough AFL quality players are found...do it unmercifully.
Example of what not to do...give Sampson 3 years! Give Mansell 2 years !
Constantly turn over players looking for quality. Thats why we must draft heavily this year. Tresize Mansell Sonsie Sampson Young Miller Coultard etc to be replaced asap. They will not bring us success.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Yep.. he is a nice footballer but not AFL level.
We have been here before..through the 90s and 2000s...lots of second level good players. Does not lead to success.
It is imperative to go through the list aggressively and cull and restock over and over again until enough AFL quality players are found...do it unmercifully.
Example of what not to do...give Sampson 3 years! Give Mansell 2 years !
Constantly turn over players looking for quality. Thats why we must draft heavily this year. Tresize Mansell Sonsie Sampson Young Miller Coultard etc to be replaced asap. They will not bring us success.
Did this a lot in Hardwick’s early years, and it is necessary with a team in our situation. Mansell has done a little to earn it, but the Ryan move and the length of the contract doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Like him but I suppose all the experts here have written him off already.Just needs time.

Bloody tough match up size wise was Zurharr for JT , liked it Yze , backed the kid in against arguably Norf’s most dangerous forward , definitely tried to nullify and not attack , great education. Second half he appeared to be freed up more and played better .

I’ve got him as arguably our best potential junior , imho he’s doing extremely well , came from a different development role then most draftees , injured early in season then has been very good at VFL level and played some good minutes at AFL , he’s a lock rd 1 next season .

Reactions: 10 users
For some reason none of our backline really tackled much. Balta, Miller, Short 0, Vlastuin 2, Broad 2, Rioli 3.
Maybe because broken tackles are not counted?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Bloody tough match up size wise was Zurharr for JT , liked it Yze , backed the kid in against arguably Norf’s most dangerous forward , definitely tried to nullify and not attack , great education. Second half he appeared to be freed up more and played better .

I’ve got him as arguably our best potential junior , imho he’s doing extremely well , came from a different development role then most draftees , injured early in season then has been very good at VFL level and played some good minutes at AFL , he’s a lock rd 1 next season .
A player. Who has barely played.
I like him. A lot.

He has to get more involved.
We have too many that like dont not touching the sherrin.
Defenders win games for you.
Miller Short &Young win it for the opposition.