Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

the thing that has stood out and surprised me most about Ross so far is his cleverness with ball in hand. looks to have a great natural footy brain

8-4 would be a good result 9-3 would be sensational with the injuries we have started with

I have a sneaking suspicion that we could be without Riewoldt for a while and im hoping its not longer than the bye round

Stylo said:
the thing that has stood out and surprised me most about Ross so far is his cleverness with ball in hand. looks to have a great natural footy brain

This. He drags players to him and then dishes out the ball allowing the receiving player extra time. Its super smart footy for someone that's played 3 games. The media crow over Sam Walsh doing this, well Ross is doing the same. I also like his kicking, when more established players were blazing away high on Lynchs head, Ross had the composure to lower his eyes and pick out a chest mark.

It wasn't just the number of possessions it was his class too. Both Baker and Stack have the same attributes.

In the preseason and early VFA games I thought Jack Ross had two areas to work on this year. And I was hopeful that he could develop them over the course of the season. This Richmond academy is no ordinary unit.

Ross was very brisk but didn't use his pace. He was playing a stationery inside mid role, a tank role, hence the entirely reasonable comparisons to Mark Coughlan.

Last night in a contest in the second(?) quarter Oliver was leading Ross in a race to a loose ball. Jack Ross overtook him and took possession. That's a big win. Oliver neutralised, sagged off and ran through the scrimmage again to win the ball and break the line. Our 18yo was still on the deck. (Next improvement available. Go again power.)

It was a huge development demonstrated by Jack Ross against an elite opponent. He is running more quickly and more. A season's improvement in only three senior games. HIs BWA has benefitted from this.

Jack Ross was complacent with the ball. And sometimes sloppy. It could be that he was fatigued. Or maybe just naturally loose with the ball. He was not incisive with the ball. Again I've seen a year's development in only a few weeks. Jack Ross had one handball last night that showed, at last, his class with the ball. Reflex Richmond give. And even though he missed a couple of targets you could see it was fatigue.

For the future it's Go again and Ball laser I'll be looking for.

I've taken for granted that he needed to adjust to the tempo. I didn't expect him to find more time than he needed. And the shimmies are a bonus. All indicators of class.

What a bewdy.

Not just on Jack Ross, however I think his a great example of how much our development has come along, I think the match committee does a really good job of identifying when a player is ready to come in, Stack is a great example and as funny as it sounds I think CCJ is been managed really well an not thrown to the wolves to early .

RCD, Naish and Turner will be interesting calls as the year goes on.

Accumulator, with hardness, poise and classy ball use. Wtf didn’t he go earlier in the draft?? What’s the knock on him. He looks like a 200 gamer all day long, and the kicker is he’s got leadership written all over him. FMD

rokkafella said:
Accumulator, with hardness, poise and classy ball use. Wtf didn’t he go earlier in the draft?? What’s the knock on him. He looks like a 200 gamer all day long, and the kicker is he’s got leadership written all over him. FMD

And how good is Collier-Dawkins going to be?

rokkafella said:

After captaining u16 state , missed u18 through injury , something about a skateboard accident .

We seem to do well with the misfits that others write off , send them to us , we have a team full of them :)