Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Tigertool said:
Jack Graham 25+ touches in 27 games = 0.

Ross is the exact kind of mid we've been crying out for.

In fairness Graham is being asked to play quite a different game to Ross in the middle. He did get 23 disposals Round 1. Ross has been shown to be a better pure midfielder no doubt. I'd like to see the shackles lifted of Graham a bit to see how he can improve his midfield influence disposal wise. Maybe some time in the 2s wil allow him to progress that role.

tigerlove said:
In fairness Graham is being asked to play quite a different game to Ross in the middle. He did get 23 disposals Round 1. Ross has been shown to be a better pure midfielder no doubt. I'd like to see the shackles lifted of Graham a bit to see how he can improve his midfield influence disposal wise. Maybe some time in the 2s wil allow him to progress that role.

Shackles were lifted in round 4 V Port Adelaide with Cotchin and Martin out, and he had 14 touches. I think this “different role” thing is a myth.

Hardwick isn’t asking Graham to not get the ball, and then dropping him because of it.

Tigertool said:
Shackles were lifted in round 4 V Port Adelaide with Cotchin and Martin out, and he had 14 touches. I think this “different role” thing is a myth.

Hardwick isn’t asking Graham to not get the ball, and then dropping him because of it.

I don't believe a myth for statistical reasons (and watching the game). Pretty much every game Graham has the most pressure acts often by a long way. The only way that can happen is if you're designated to play that role. Of course Hardwick isn't asking him not to get the ball but just like any role, if you predominantly focusing on one aspect then it will be detrimental to another. Possibly Graham needs to alter the focus a bit and maybe they've asked him to do so but sometimes it's not as easy as just flicking a switch. And maybe he's been sent back to the 2s to work on it. Just my thoughts. Right now though I agree Ross has easily jumped ahead of Graham.

Reckon he is a great chance at getting the nomination this week.

How many other clubs have five players that could legitimately be nominated

In no particular order

Ross
Stack
Balta
Baker
Bolton (does he still qualify?)

With others to follow

Collier- Dawkins
Naish
Coleman - Jones
Turner

The future is very bright at Tigerland!

Tiger44 said:
Reckon he is a great chance at getting the nomination this week.

How many other clubs have five players that could legitimately be nominated

In no particular order

Ross
Stack
Balta
Baker
Bolton (does he still qualify?)

With others to follow

Collier- Dawkins
Naish
Coleman - Jones
Turner

The future is very bright at Tigerland!
Balta is exciting, but there's no way he's getting nominated off current form.
Although I don't think the game can be boiled down to pure stats, if you put a numercial value on them the way supercoach does, Ross is getting 100 point games, Balta 20-40 point games. He's just not doing enough yet, but the potential is there.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Channel 9 in Adelaide reporting Duursma got this week's. :thumbdown

Duursma 24 disposals at 66.7% with one clearance
Ross...... 28 disposals at 71.4% with 3 clearances

Duursma got cheap kicks while Ross got his in the engine room.

:mad: :mad: