Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

In my estimation, Yze had done about 3 things right this year.

One was playing Ross in the centre,instead of out of position.

Now he's *smile* that up too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Im too lazy to look it up and will probably deserve the peril that comes my way. So at my own peril im asking what the hell is a Zoroastrian .

It is some sort of religious sect, Christian maybe? Can't remember.

Anyway, back on topic, Ross needs to improve but he can play better. If he can play consistently better then he will make it. Worth the extra 2 years to see and it isn't like we are short of list spots.

DS

It is some sort of religious sect, Christian maybe? Can't remember.

Anyway, back on topic, Ross needs to improve but he can play better. If he can play consistently better then he will make it. Worth the extra 2 years to see and it isn't like we are short of list spots.

DS
Was the main religion of Persia/Iran from the 6th century BC until it converted to Islam. Still practiced by a small minority today - Freddie Mercury was born into it.

Reactions: 1 user
14 aggressively bland possessions, including the momentum-killer in the last quarter

thank christ he's better than Taranto and will be fine in the long run
It was a nothing game where neither team tried much but boy Ross was as bland as anyone.

Almost impossible to see him as our future best mid. Really hope so anyway.

If Ross is our best mid we are in a shedload of trouble for the future.

Our best Midfielder possibly our best two or 3 will hopefully arrive in November.

Add Kane McAuliffe to them and the vision of the future will start improving.

Another 2 or 3 top picks next year will be most welcome in 2025 and maybe a free agent or 2 or 3 with our vooks cleared up of big contracts.

Reactions: 2 users
It was a nothing game where neither team tried much but boy Ross was as bland as anyone.

Almost impossible to see him as our future best mid. Really hope so anyway.
Not meant to be that. I don't think anyone would expect their future best mids to be a mid-40s pick. He's a foot soldier, and nothing more.
Don't blame the poor guy for the fact our list is *smile* around him. He's doing his bit with his available talent. As bland as that may be. Could do with more bland if it meant less turnovers and *smile* poor defensive efforts.

Rising 24. Missed this year through injury. He's a known quantity. 18 disposal outside mid.

Reactions: 2 users
Better than Dow and Sonsie

That’s where we’re at

And it’s not even true for Sonsie, who has more talent in his todge
Sad thing is that Sonz got through his teenage years well but now seems to have forgotten where he left his todge or perhaps what he was doing with it.

Better than Dow and Sonsie

That’s where we’re at

And it’s not even true for Sonsie, who has more talent in his todge
The trouble with Sonsie is he is lazy and not prepared to put the effort in when the going gets tough. Talent is not enough, a good player needs heart

Watching Butters, Serong, Young, Brayshaw, Horne-Smith etc and you realise how poor our midfield is. Rozee was clearly injured and had no impact but is a gun. Boak has been a long term warrior.

This posting about Ross not getting opportunity surely begs the question why? It's not like we have depth in the position.

Right now Taranto/Hopper/Graham/Bolton/Baker/Dow have all been preferred in front of him. MCAuliffe is likely in front of him as a mid. They seem to prefer Ross on a wing.

Massive off season for him. With only Taranto/Hopper as certain mids there is a huge opportunity for players on the periphery.